The Boy Who Sang(IzukuxNejirexYuu)

Start from the beginning

"See, he's not crazy." "I wonder if you'll become famous." "Finally he's looking at reality." The responses he had gotten from his classmates had been respectful surprisingly. He had expected the results to be sort of spread out. Some positives and as always more negatives. But it seemed that at this age, they were really into music and singers. So they respected his decision. 

Today was the day he was planning on going to a live *concert* It had been 3 years since his debut. Originally he had posted anonymously online with a background showing the lyrics, but just recently as he hit 14. He showed off who he was. Albeit he had a mask on. The Mask he wore was a black mask that covered his eyes and allowed for his mouth and nose to be seen. His eyes, and hair hidden to the public. 

As he walked up towards the stage he felt his heart race as a smile came to his face. He put on the mask and he felt like He was ready. Time went by in a flash and now it was his turn on stage. This was a competition of sorts, for new up and coming artist to sing. He stepped forward watched as the crowd was silent watching in anticipation as he heard the music begin. 

The boy sang to his heart's content and watched as the expressions of the people in front of him changed. The song was about someone who felt they didn't belong like they were excluded. That they didn't belong to the Human Race; in a way. That boy found himself empathizing with the person in the story. 

After 4 minutes of singing. He stopped and he looked around, the crowd was silent. Before cheers erupted. No one could see his eyes that were hidden behind a visor. Or make out the color of his hair. All they saw; was the radiant smile on his face. He backed away but not before he managed to catch a glimpse of 2 different sets of hair and eyes staring at him. The first a light periwinkle blue was looking at him and held a sign above her head stating how she was a fan of him directly. 

The second was a Blonde girl with purple eyes who started to wave as they seemingly made eye contact. Both Girls seemed to be his age. To each he smiled and waved; everyone around them parted and they looked around wondering if it was them he waved at and he nodded. Immediately they became the object of envy for many. 

Not many knew who Deku was in real life, such is the result of hiding your identity. The only people who knew were the people from his school, but they knew better than to blab, after all. Izuku could feign ignorance and they'd be labeled attention hoarder's for trying to pretend to know the identity of a hidden figure. 

But to those two girls, they felt like they needed to find out who he was. They had been drawn in. they were both aged 14 as well. They both came from the same district in Japan. They both planned on being Heroes as well. 

-

Time passed again and he once more won another contest. This time it was a professional contest that rewarded 10,000 Yen to the winner. Not bad for a 15-year-old. He used the money to buy himself better equipment. It was then. That his life changed. 

"We would love to allow you a chance to study at U.A. High School." After he had finished one of his concerts he had been called over by the Singing hero Present Mic. "But I don't have a quirk... It's not like I can become a hero like all of you, and while I may have confidence in my general education; I don't believe it's on UA's level." The boy admonished himself in front of the hero, but the hero did not back down. "We're opening a new program. A music program, I want you to be a Recommendations student for the program." 

Izuku took off his mask and looked at Present Mic his eyes glossing over wondering if what he'd heard was true. "So, what do you say kid? Wanna sing your heart out at the best of the best of schools?" He nodded so fast it looked like his head would fall off. "Please allow me to!" He smiled so brightly that he didn't know what destiny held for him. Good or bad, was up to him to decide.