Chapter 18: New archenemies

Start from the beginning

???: What you two know each other ? have you already met ?

Freed: More than just met, he's the one who wiped out the entirety of our plan.

???: I see, he must be something else... I can feel a great power emanating from him. My lord, if it's possible, I would like to take him back alive, for my research.

Kokabiel: Do as you wish, Valper.

Irina: Wait, Valper ? As in, Valper Galilei ?!

Valper: The one and only, little girl.

 Issei: Alright, I'm confused, who's that one exactly ?

Xenovia: That's... Valper Galilei, an ancient Archbishop from the Ortodox church. He was on charge of the holy swords research, but was recently excommunicated.

Most of us were surprised, some of us angry, but Kiba was literally out of him, shaking with pure rage, and soon he lunged forward, only to be blocked by Freed.

Freed: I can't let you attack him, especially since my new toy isn't ready yet !

Kiba: New toy... Are you talking about the Excalibur ?!

Valper: You... I recognize you. You were once part of the failed holy sword project. I never knew one of our subjects escaped.

"Subjects ? Holy swords projects ? I'm lost right now."

Kiba: The church... It was desperately looking for people able to wield the Excalibur, so in order to grow their numbers... That monster kidnapped promising kids, and used them as lab rats !! Out of all of them, I was the only survivor ! Since the day I managed to escape, I promised over my friend's graves, that I would find all the Excalibur, and destroy them all !!

Valper: That old story. It really brings back memories, after all, all scientists once had failed experiments. Isn't that right, my dear Cyrus ?

From behind, another figure stepped out of the treeline.

 Cyrus: I already told you to stop calling me that, Valper

Valper: Oh yes, that's true, you go with 'Helio' now. Still you should be grateful; remember who was the one who removed you from your prison.