Chapter 16: Broken sword, broken past

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

' ': Giratina talking to your mind

Your POV:

It's been several weeks already, since that display of power, back in the underworld, and since I sentenced the chicken to drift away in another dimension for all eternity. I was hoping that things would calm down after that, but apparently, seeing my powers only reinforced some households in there will to recruit me. So far, I had to deal with their scouting parties almost everyday, since most of them completely ignored Sirzechs's warning.

Not that they were a big deal, but they're just so stubborn. I still remember that one who proposed to turn all of my family into devils too, so we would stay together. It took several hours to clean all the ashes he left after I dealt with him, not to mention the hole in the wall we had to fix.

Anyways, after these events, we were back to school, and to a 'as-normal-as-possible' life. But I had a bad feeling, like another disaster was just about to strike.

And my hunch just confirmed itself, one day while we were going to school. Everything seemed normal, but it was pretty hard to miss those two figures standing near the school-gates, especially when they're wearing long white cloaks, with hoods covering their faces.

Now, the figures were a thing, but these objects they were transporting were the real deal. I never though such amounts of holy power could be concentrated in a single object. For carrying those in front of a devil's stronghold, they're either really brave, or really stupid, maybe even both...

I couldn't really felt concerned by this, but still decided to keep an eye on them, something was telling me they mean trouble.

I called it. I F*****G called it. One second, Asia was going to the clubroom as usual, the next second, I had to teleport right in front of here to stop that sword from impaling her right through the head. Right now, I couldn't say what her attacker was the most surprised about: Me appearing in the middle of nowhere, or me stopping her sword by pinching its tip.

"I hope you have a really good reason for doing that, if so maybe I'll let you live a few minutes more to say your prayers."

 Blue hair: Who are you ? Another of those devils lackey ?

My left eyebrow twitched menacingly.

Blue hair: Now stand aside, unless you to want to be expurgated of your sins. And give me back my sword !

"I don't think you understand your situation. I asked you something, and I hate repeating myself."

Blue hair: She is a witch that was expelled from the church because she healed a devil by mistake. She was a former saint, but now she don't hesitate to tag along with them, so I'm kindly offering her to wash away her sins with my blade.