seven

MARK

"and I mean he is just thanking us-"

"Us?" Jeno looks at Mark, an eyebrow raised at his friend's previous statement.

"Oh- I mean, his fans... the video is just him thanking his fans for all their support in the build up to the launch" Mark rectifies, trying to dodge the crowd gathered in their school's hallway. 

Jeno lets out a noise of approval to which Mark allows himself to relax a little, looking back at his phone to where the video was playing silently.

"And I mean, the pictures NCT posted on their website as well were... well incredible- like there were all these coloured lights and.. Jen?"

Mark looks over to his friend who's on the other side of the corridor, a mass of people now between them.

Mark sighed lightly, he loved the whole school atmosphere, both academic and sports spheres, but if there's one thing he couldn't stand, it was crowds- just too many people in one small space- it was infuriating to say the least, especially at times like these.

Politely, Mark pushed his way back to Jeno, managing to reunite with the other before they took a left into their locker room.

"Mark, if I didn't know you any better I would think that you actually liked him" Jeno laughs lightly, walking round to the other side of the lockers and to his own

"What- no!" Mark splutters, glad that Jeno isn't able to see his face.

He didn't like Haechan, they'd been through this before. Haechan is just a model in some faraway country- Seoul, South Korea to be exact, 8,154 km away... So no, Mark didn't like him- he admired him for everything he's been able to achieve and yes Mark admits that Haechan is indeed very beautiful, but that doesn't mean that Mark likes him... Mark can't like him.

"Good" Mark can hear Jeno shut his locker door, his school bag locked away and his kit laid out on the bench, "Because Sihyeon has been wanting me to ask you if you and Mina would want to go on a double date to the cinema"

Mark scrunched his nose, a double date.. no thank you.

"That sounds... interesting.. but I can't-" Mark starts only to be cut off by Jeno

"I haven't even told you when yet!"

Mark huffs, "I've just got a lot going on", trying to reason with his best friend but Jeno is having none of it.

"Then this will be a good distraction for you"

Mark shuts his own locker, now changed into his kit and sits on the bench, shoulders hunched

"What film do they want to see?" He asks, praying that at least he'd get a half decent movie out of it, but he only sighs again once Jeno confirms they're going to see Aladdin.