Prologue

Paris, France, February 1870

Christine Daee's POV

The Phantom let me go.

I was fully prepared to be his "Living Wife", if it meant saving Raoul from certain death. Erik seemed absolutly triumphant when I said I would stay with him for the rest of my life. But yet still, he decided let Raoul and I go. 

Why? Because I kissed him? 

I was still dressed in the wedding dress Erik had made and helping Raoul row one of Erik's gondolas through the underground lake and back to the world above, all the while looking back at his home, a mixture of sorrow and guilt creeping up in my heart. 

Of course, I will not condone his past actions. After all, he lied to me for three years, posing as the Angel of Music that my late father promised to send to me after his death, he killed many people at the Opera Garnier, including Joseph Buquet and now Signor Ubaldo Piangi and possibly multiple guests, and a few minutes ago he had kidnapped me and threatened to kill my fiancee if I didn't agree to marry him.

I knew that tonight would cause disaster if I proceeded with Raoul's plan. I knew that if I didn't try to divert the police's attention away from their initial goal, Erik would have been arrested or even killed. I knew that taking off his mask, in front of the entire audience at that, would save his life and cause him heartache.  

I never thought that it would hurt him to the point of destroying his greatest achievement and his only home. 

If only I hadn't taken his mask off the first time we met! Then none of this would of happened.

We finally made it outside, the freezing February night air made warm by the terrific fire that was consuming the Opera House. I and the rest of the actors, dancers, stage hands, and our two managers watched with mistified horror as our home was destroyed before our eyes, all the while the Fire Brigade tried their best to at least put out most of the flames.

At last, the fire soon turned to ash and Raoul and I were soon flooded by police and medics, who were all pushed away by Madame Giry, a panicked expression on her face.

"Where is she? Where is Meg?!" She wailed as she came towards us.

I looked around, finally noticing that my best friend wasn't behind her mother nor was she within arms reach.

Oh no, that means she probably is...

"Maman! Maman, I'm here! I'm alright."

A sigh of relief escaped both mine and the ballet mistress' lips as Meg and a mob of people came through the same opening we exited out of, with one of Erik's masks in her hands.

"Meg, where did you get that from?" Her mother asked, noticing the white porcelain object in her hand.

"We went through the Phantom's lair Maman to escape the fire. I thought he was going to kill us if he saw us, but no one was down there. I think he's gone."

Thank goodness he escaped. I thought to myself.

Raoul, taking my silence as fear, spoke up.

"Don't worry Christine. He will never harm us again. I swear it!"

After multiple interviews from the police and a quick check from the medics, my fiancee hailed us a cab and we rode off to his family's estate.

God, I prayed silently as we entered the mansion, Please watch over Erik and give him the life he deserves. I know he has good in him. Just help him.

A/N: Hey my fellow Phantom Phans!

🎵Guess who's back, back again!🎵

Hope you guys are doing awesome!

So we got to see things from Christine's point of view.

What did you guys think?

Vote, Comment and Share and I'll see y'all next time!

M'kay bye!