Chapter 5 - Hell For Lunch

Start from the beginning

"I suggest you let her go, Smurf," he teased.

The nickname would have snapped me again, but hearing this red hair say it didn't seem to annoy me. My hand loosened and soon I was not touching her anymore.

The girl cowered away and sat on a different and farther chair.

I sat back down on my chair with my temper slightly calming down. The guy that stopped me was still in the same position. He crouched down, so he was looking at me. I saw his hand held out in front of me. The movement gave me no choice but to look at him with a blank stare.

"I'm Leo Thompson," he introduced.

His smile was wide like a little kid in a candy shop. I hated how much his smile warmed me like I've been standing in the rain for hours.

"Tori Adams."

I shook his hand but didn't last longer than 7 seconds. Even though that act was partially rude, Leo's smile was still there-unwavering.

"Good morning, class!" A chirpy female voice echoed around the room.

Leo stood up from his crouching position then took the seat beside me. He placed his black bag on the table with a smile still imprinted on his face.

I studied his features like a silent creeper. He had a strong jawline, his nose was pointed but not too pointed to make it look weird, his eyes were golden brown making it look like he was a real life Edward Cullen (not that I have watched or read Twilight). All in all he was handsome. The smile on his face made him more attractive. But then there was this unsettling feeling in my guts, it was as if I was comparing him with Alec. And I was not liking my judgements.

I decided to block whatever was going in my head and just looked straight to what the teacher was saying. Her eyes were scanning the room as she recited names.

"Tori Adams?" she announced.

It was if on cue, all eyes looked at me. Their stares were getting annoying. I just wanted to scream at them to just get over it.

"Present," I said.

Ms. Grimmy, the teacher, stood up from her seat and pushed up her black glasses up her nose.

"You're a new student, I suppose?" she asked with a friendly smile on her face.

With her blond hair tied into a bun and her clothes being a long brown skirt and white sleeves, she looked like she was 40 even though her face screamed she was just about 20 something.

"Yes," I said trying not to sound rude as possible.

Ms. Grimmy smiled again before sitting back down. Her hands joined together as she placed them on top of the desk.

"Well, do tell us something about yourself."

I groaned audibly. Beside me, I heard Leo chuckled at that.

"Go on, Tori. Don't be shy," she urged.

I was most definitely not shy. It was just that there was nothing to share about me. Whatever I could share could either be boring or something that could probably get me to jail.

"Go, Tori. I would like to know something about you," Leo cheered silently.

I faced him a bit before standing up. Inside, I debated on what was I going to say. I did not want the spot light on me for too long.

"I'm from London and I have only one friend," I said then sat back down.

Ms. Grimmy looked taken a back from my statement but then she covered it with a smile.