Escape

Although her mask stifled her voice, she couldn't stop herself from instinctively placing her hands where her mouth would be. Y/n listened to the sounds as they grew closer. She held her breath as they stopped near the car. Y/n's eyes welled up as she wondered if they knew she was hiding right behind them.

They were talking about their plan. The city was currently surrounded, and heroes were sweeping the area in pairs to look for any League of Villains member. Sounding distraught, y/n repeated the hero's words. This information was bound to help The League.

The heroes continued their patrol of the city. Y/n stayed still much longer than she needed to. Y/n couldn't get herself to move her limbs. She reminded herself that she can't stay under the car, it was only a temporary safety.

The front door was unlocked. She stumbled around in the darkness as she found the stairwell. Y/n's mind raced as she made her way up to the roof. She wondered if she'd be able to see Tomura from this building. Y/n couldn't help but wonder if she'd find him dead or alive.

Y/n tripped over herself as the building rumbled. Y/n considered going back down the stairs and finding a new vantage point. She ignored the thoughts as she forced herself to her feet and continued rushing up the stairwell.

Y/n felt an unusually warm breeze as soon as she made it onto the roof. She was much closer to the destruction, and y/n could feel the heat from Dabi's quirk radiate in the air around her. Y/n noticed the building didn't have any railings around the edge. Y/n forced herself to stay close to the center.
She got down low and pulled out her binoculars. Y/n spotted Spinner, she recalled Tomura explaining that Spinner rarely fought alone. Y/n scanned her surroundings. In his usual dramatized manner, Compress popped out of a marble that was hidden under a small pile of rubble.

Y/n noticed some members had gone mia. She had seen Himiko earlier. Dabi's flames have nearly taken over the city. She has seen remnants of Tomura's Decay, and she currently had eyes on Spinner and Compress.
Y/n wondered where Twice and Kurogiri were. She considered using her mask to ask Compress where they are. After giving it some thought, she decided against it.

Her bird's eye view gave The League a better advantage than she thought. Y/n spotted six costumed figures swiftly charging towards Spinner and Compress. Y/n held her breath as she got down lower. "Mister, six heroes headed your way from the right."

Y/n could just barely see Compress and Spinner look over to each other for a moment before turning tail at an instant. Y/n wondered if six heroes were too much for them. She couldn't blame them. Y/n would have fled if she was told a single hero was coming her way.

She kept her head down low, and although her mask is soundproof, y/n refused to make a sound. Down below her, y/n could hear the heroes talking among each other, but she couldn't discern what they were saying. Y/n wished she was close enough to listen in. For all she knew, they had located Tomura or any of the missing members of The League, and they were currently taking them away.

Y/n kept her eyes plastered on what little of the heroes she could see from her vantage point. She was stuck laying face down on the cold concrete roof until those heroes move. Y/n didn't want to risk giving away her location. Move, y/n demanded.

The heroes surveyed the general area for a while. She could hear their voices travel around. Y/n closed her eyes and tried to imagine where they were down below just by the sounds she heard. "Come on, move, " she complained in a low whisper. Y/n held her breath, realizing she spoke out loud. Any League member listening for her just heard her.

A nearby building, a few blocks away, rumbled before blue flames erupted out If the windows. Y/n heard the voices down below yell, and then silence. She listened carefully for a while. Y/n had no idea how long she stayed still; it felt like both minutes and hours. Slowly and cautiously, y/n stood up and hurried down the flight of stairs.