Bloodsuck#1: Bad Luck.

ابدأ من البداية

And blonde guys never turned me on. This, I guess, was the main reason why for the last decade, I'd been turning down his 'offers'.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Brooke! Baby!" Came Bessie, my best friend. She had my favourite accent. And I'd always wanted to have her dark skin tone. I'd worked on it... so my skin was tanned. And it made me look like a "sèxy diva" as Bessie stated it.

I hugged her tight. "Hey babe." I said.

"I really dun wanna say it... but bítch! You smell like a piiiiggg!" She quickly pulled away.

We laughed like freaks.

"Any record breaking?" Came in Keith, my 'dad'. Our 'dad'. He'd owned the bar. He raised us when we ran away from the orphanage and came at the bar. We called him Don. He liked it.

"Fifteen fücking days!" I shouted.

"Holy fücking shít, come here!" He said, a mighty grin pasted across his face.

I ran to him and jumped, and hugged him.

-----------

"And then she gave me head." Freddie said.

All of us drunken bàstards were laughing like he'd cracked a very nice joke.

"Gentlemen, " Don started, standing up and swaying in his drunk state. "We are out of it all." He declared, holding up his empty bottle of Vodka.

That was exciting news so we all cheered.

Taking the cartons of the empty bottles in our hands and moving with imbalance to the back of the bar was my favourite part.

There was the lake. And at the bottom of it lay many things. All of us believed that the lake ate all memories away. So the things in it was mostly spit and urine.... along with photos of past boyfriends and girlfriends, and....

....and my strip paper.

Yeah. I once used to strip at the bar. Don hated it. Freddie loved it. Bessie hated me for it. I used to be a druggie, a drinker and what not. But I had come clean. It was really painful.

Partly because I'd been a virgin for four fücking years now.

Now, we were to play that annual game of ours. Smash 'Em. We called it that.

There was this tree. And right at the perfect height was a Y made by its first two branches. Now the Y junction was where we were to throw and hit and smash them empty bottles. Each of us was to have ten bottles each.

The catch was, every bottle was to hit the Y junction to make the perfect ten score and have a flood of luck for the whole year ahead.

Less than ten, any even number score helped in keeping bad luck away. Most of it. But any odd number, be it nine, brought a promise of bad luck that very night.

And we believed in this because it was mostly true. Two years ago I scored a ten. And I made it through rehab. Don made ten last year, the bar got renewed. Bessie once got a nine. She broke her arm that night. Freddie got a six. He merely passed his exams. Finally.

---------

"Go girl you at it!" I called out at Bessie before her last shot. She had to make it. It was an eight, or it was unlucky seven.

Crash! The bottle broke exactly where it was aimed at.

"Eight!" Don called out in his groggy voice.

All of us cheered.

It was Freddie's turn. He made five. He turned to me after missing the last shot. "Fück. You really won't fück me tonight." He grumbled.

All of us laughed. Had Don been not drunk, he might've thrown a bottle on Freddie's head.

My turn.

I wanted a ten this time. I wanted a better job. I pulled out the silver pendant from under my shirt and kissed the cross. I threw a bottle.

Crash! Right at the junction.

They all cheered. That was my head start. I threw and scored three more.

My score was four.

Before I let go of a bottle, I sneezed so hard. The bottle flew up and hit the leaves of the canopy of the tree. It didn't break. It fell on the Y junction and broke.

"What the fück..?" Freddie said.

"Five!" Don murmured.

"You go baby girl! Kick àss!" Bessie said.

Six, seven and eight went perfect. Nine just made it.

"Fück... you're getting good." Don grinned.

"Is she even drunk?! Because it's cheating if she isn't!" Freddie said.

I laughed out loud.

"Drunk or no.." I said proudly, picking up the last bottle. "This ten is mine!" I shouted and threw the bottle at 'mine'. The bottle flew just above the junction and crashed in the lake behind the tree.

"Fück no!" I growled.

Freddie laughed his àss off. Fücking stupid.

"Ohhhh! Dang it!" Bessie said.

"Well," Don said as he made his way to my side with his box. "You are drunk. That proves it."

"Fück the proof! Who knows what will happen to me tonight!" I shouted.

I sat at a big rock while Don made his turn. He got eight. He missed the first one, and threw the last one at the wrong place intentionally.

"C'mon, Fred." Don said.

It was tradition. The men would take a piss in the lake and the girls would spit. We had to shout our biggest regrets before doing it.

"I took a loan in July!" Don shouted and took a piss. "Fück the bank!" He said.

"Fück the bank!" We cheered.

"I didn't fück Stacy and now she's pregnant with Owen's kid!" Freddie pissed. "Bless Eminem for existing!"

"Bless Eminem!" We all repeated.

"I got promoted!" Bessie shouted. She spat in the lake. "Fück more work load!"

"Fück more work load!" We all repeated after laughing out loud.

My turn.

"I scored a nine this year!" I spat. "Fück my pride!"

"Fück your pride!" They all said with a laugh.

What bad luck awaited me? Christ. I did NOT want to know.

A/N : First book ever.

I liked it. If you didn't, keep your words to yourself. If you did, write #bloodsuck in your comments.

And vote because you read it till the end.

#cancerneverkills

#suckitup

#bloodsuck