19| 𝐼 𝐿𝑂𝑉𝐸 𝑌𝑂𝑈

I held my hand out to the open field in front of us

I held my hand out to the open field in front of us. My tattoo stood out on my arm. 009. My past, future and present all tattooed into my arm forever.

With a tilt of my head, I sent out a small lethal pulse, making the grain and blades of grass lean away, in a ripple and a whoosh.

I turned to Billy. His eyes were fixated on the field. I felt the blood start to trickle down my nose.

"That was just the wind..." he muttered. I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to show him what I could really do, just in case he gets too freaked out. But I guess I don't have a choice.

I held my hand out to a school bus that was left close to the field. It rumbled, the wheels creaking as it slowly levitated in the air. With a groan, I shot it up in the air, watching as I soared through the sky.

I sent out a pulse that caught it before it hit the ground. I hope no one saw that, was all I could think. I didn't bother with the blood that trickled from my nose.

"That was not the fucking wind," I breathed out, my lungs gasping for air.

Billy looked shocked. His feet slid backwards and soon, he was walking away from me.

"Billy," I choked out. "Billy, please."

"I... What the fuck?" Billy stuttered.

"Billy, try-" My voice cracked as I walked towards him. He walked backwards quickly now, as if I was going to hurt him.

"Please, stay, let me explain," I pleaded. Tears started forming in my eyes and my heart was beating fast. There was only one thing on my mind, Please don't let me lose him.

"I have to..." Billy trailed, turning and walking back to his car.

"Billy, no!" I cried, tears streaming down my face. "Billy!"

He was close to the door of his car. His hand was on top of the handle, ready to open it and leave forever.

"Billy, I love you!" I cried out. I stopped and sucked in a breath at my own words. His whole body stopped. He breathing stopped. His shoulders slumped.

"Billy, I fucking love you. Let me explain. I promise it'll make sense," I said, already knowing that my words were a lie. He would never understand, would he?

"Have you ever...?" He trailed. I saw him visibly gulp. "Have you ever used your... abilities on me?"

"Yes," I said without hesitation.

"That stranger's house. When Max injected me with that thing..." Billy turned abruptly. Anger was in his eyes. I felt small and broken knowing that his anger was towards me.

"I didn't fall." Billy swallowed. "I didn't fucking fall." He gripped the roof of his car so much that his knuckles turned white.

"But then..." he whispered. "You were there. You were in front of me. And then, I finally did fall. Was that...?"