Chapter 28: I, Monster

Myra pov

We were in the dojo, planing our move to make on father for our next training session.

"Ok here's the plan, Donnie, you're gonna strike first." Leo said.
"Wait. You want me to come at splinter? I'll get pummeled!" Donnie said.
"Well getting pummeled is your specialty." Raph said as Donnie frowned.
"Trust me. It's all part of my plan to catch splinter off guard." Leo said.
"Uh, Leo, don't take this the wrong way, but against splinter your plans always get our butts whipped." Mikey stated.
"Ok new thought. Mikey, you attack." Leo said.
"He took it the wrong way." Mikey said.
"Enough talk let's do this!" Raph said as we all got in position around father.

Mikey was the first to strike but it seems time has slowed down when father grabbed him by the legs and kicked him on the ground.

Raph and and Donnie struck next but father sweeped Donnie off his legs making him collide into Raph knocking them down.

For me, I was gonna strike behind but father sensed me too swiftly as he grabbed my arm and he flipped me over.

Leo was gonna strike but it felt like timed slowed down when he realized he punched father in the face.

"Uh, sensei, I'm sorry!" Leo yelled.
Father grabbed his wrist and flipped him on the ground to where he looked like he was gonna punch him.

"Oh man, Leo's a goner." Donnie said.
"Oh nope-y dope." Mikey said.

"Well done, Leonardo. But just when you had the advantage you hesitated and that made you vulnerable." Father stated.
"Hai... sensei." Leo said weakly as he stood up.
"Now, that is all for today." Father walked back to his room as we circled around Leo.

"Leo, not bad." Raph said.
"Dude, I can't believe you actually tagged splinter. That was epic!" Donnie said.
"And to think you were about to lose your shell." I laughed.
"The hand that punched splinter. You know you can never wash this again." Mikey said.
"Welp I gotta say guys, it was all teamwork. We are definitely getting better." Leo stated.
"Do you think we might be catching up to splinter?" Donnie asked.
"Yeah, maybe soon we won't need him to train us anymore." Mikey said.
After hearing that, I couldn't help but wonder how that must've felt for father.

We went out to the living room as I watched the news about rats infesting New York but we were interrupted when we heard a loud scream come from the dojo.

"FATHER!" I ran as quickly as I could as the others came as well.
"Sensei, are you ok?" Donnie asked.
"I am fine." Father said clutching his head.
"Are you sure you're alright? You don't seem-" Leo got cut off by Donnie's ringtone he made for April go off.
"That's April's ringtone!" Donnie said making Raph and Mikey making kissing noises as Donnie pushed the away and answered.

"He April, I mean- hey, Ap-"
"Donnie, stop talking! I need some help. I'm having a little of a pet problem." April said.

We were jumping from rooftop to rooftop as we saw people running away screaming.

"Wow, the city's so beautiful in the day time. Except for all those rats." Mikey said.
"Actually the entire rat population of New York is only about 36 million-"
"I will smack you out of your shell!" Raph interrupted Donnie.
"Guys, we may have a problem." Leo said as we stopped at the edge of a rooftop to see rats literally covering the streets as April hung onto an electrical post.

"Aw rats! Haha, get it?" Mikey laughed.
"For the fourteenth time. YES!" Raph yelled.
"Hang on, April, don't go anywhere!" Donnie yelled.
"Where could I possibly go?" She asked rhetorically.

We used our grappling hooks to climb the post as we tried to fight off the rats.

"These stupid rats are starting to get on my nerves!" Raph said.
"Rats aren't stupid. Despite their small brain size they're remarkably- OW!" Donnie yelled after Raph threw a rat at him.