[18] Chill ~end~

Do read author note.

     Lorn shook his head in disbelief, arms crossed over his chest.

     Verger kept his apartment key under the doormat.

     He lived in Viscount Street and he kept his key under the damn doormat.

     Lorn came to realize that once his friend ceased to answer the door and he looked there curiously.

    Unlocking it, he entered the apartment with the good as new lamp in hand. After successfully stepping over countless gibberish, he got to the collection of Verger's lamps and placed the one he brought aside. He stepped back and shook his head again, eyeing the collection and the rest of the disastrous room as if for the first time.

     What was even up with his friend?

     Boyfriend, he remembered the term with a side smile the moment he saw that photo of them at Nigel's birthday party, cuddling on a couch while sucking on linked smoothers.

     He took the photo from its place on the bookshelf and slid it in his back pocket, then and sat on the bed, taking out his phone to call Verger. Just as he got to tap his contact number, he heard water noise coming from the bathroom.

     Lorn squinted curiously and went there, silently opening the door and peeking in. He grinned.

     The bathtub was filled with water, and a blurry, wavy Verger figure could be seen sunken in. Lorn sneaked to the tub and towered over the man, hands on the edges.

     Sensing the shadow, Verger opened his eyes in a squint and grinned up, at which Lorn grinned back. Verger then pursed his lips, so Lorn closed his eyes tight and lowered his face in the water, meeting the man's lips.

     In return, Verger pulled him in.

     The man's entire mass fell in with a loud, loud splash, sending a quarter of the water flying everywhere.

     "You díck shitting fuçkwad!" he yelled, quickly throwing the contents of his pockets on the side of the tub.

     "Not like you had anything in there." Verger laughed, picking up the leather wallet and darting it aside. His eyebrows raised curiously and his laughter died when he noticed the photo of them. "But what could this have been doing there?"

     Lorn had yet to get over the fact he was drenched from head to toe, with his clothes glued to him like a second skin, so he searched his mind for the rudest possible thing to answer.

     "I was going to keep it in my back pocket to amortize my farts."

     Verger burst into laughter, and it intensified once he darted another glance at his furious looking man.

     "Oh come on, who got your panties in a twist? It could be the water."

     "You are butt naked, I have perfect aim on your díck and I can ravage it."

     "That a promise?" Verger leaned in.

     Lorn raised a leg and took off his boot, poured water out of it and darted it away, doing the same with the next one. His eyebrows had raised a little at the joke.

     Verger gingerly touched Lorn's jaw with his nose, then pecked it. In turn, Lorn snapped his head to the right and stole a kiss. Verger raised a hand an touched the man's neck, at which Lorn pulled back with a violent shudder.

     "God!" he exclaimed, taking Verger's hand and inspecting it. "How long have you been in the water?! For a second I thought I was making out with my grandpa!"