𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑠 | 1

"That's it for tonight! Everyone, you have the day off tomorrow!" The director yelled as the actors finished the run through of the show.

The starlet of the show smiled. Dropping her arms down from their position.

Serenity Zu was a complex girl. Abandoned by her parents at 6 years old in favour of her twin sister, she moved to England with her aunt. There she fell in love with the stage. About 6 years ago, she had moved here, to Seoul, South Korea.

Currently, they were preparing for the opening show of their brand new opera, which happened to be written by one of the producers, Brian, who happened to be one of Serenity's roommates and best friends.

Making small talk as she made her way back to her dressing room, she quickly changed and removed her makeup. She now was in a purple t-shirt, black sweater, jeans, and sneakers.

Hearing a knock on her door, she opened the door.

"Hey Brian." Serenity smiling at the male in front of her.

"You ready to go home?" Brian said, leaning on the door frame.

"Yes." Serenity said as she grabbed her bag and the two exited the room and walked through the winding hallways.

"You should get some good sleep tonight, the band is hosting at a bar tomorrow night and you are coming with us." Brian said.

"I mean I love you guys's music, but why are you adamant on me coming with you guys only when you play at bars?" Serenity asked, as the two walked out into the brisk night.

"Because, you are so painfully single since you are waiting for Jungwoo to come back from America. You should find someone else." Brian said, looking over at the girl.

"I know, that's what the voices have been saying. And they are getting worse. You know how I collapsed on stage yesterday? That's because the voices gave me a migraine." Serenity admitted looking up at the starry sky.

"I hope it gets better. My voices died down after I hooked up with Jisoo before she moved away. I don't know why, but I'm glad it happened. I never had wicked migraines from the voices though." Brian said, thinking about the beautiful raven haired girl that had stolen his heart then left.

"I hate it though. It seems less like one voice talking to me, it sounds like 9 different voices talking to me." Serenity said.

"Has the voice therapy been working?" Brian said looking at the girl with worry.

"A bit. Dr. Jeon has suggested that I try talking to the voices. Whatever makes us have these voices in our heads, seems to stop or gradually weaken when we meet the important people in our lives." Serenity said.

"Even though the can disappear." Brian added bitterly.

Serenity squeezed his arm as they made their way up the stairs of the apartment building.

"She thinks that if I try to talk and meet with owner of the voices, it will completely stop." Serenity said as they reached the 12th floor and walked to their apartment.

"Let's just hope it doesn't happen on a show night. It's not good for you or your career." Brian said.

"I know. I'm afraid of losing everything while trying to keep everything together." Serenity said as she unlocked their apartment.

Hearing sounds from the kitchen Brian yelled out, "Jae you better not be cooking. We don't want to ruin Serenity's apartment."

"How many times do I have to say, it's our apartment. Also Jae get your hands off my tablet." Serenity said.

"Yeah, but you are the one that actually owns the pad. Jae and I just help pay rent and keep you company. And plus, you have a nice place." Brian said.

"Also, you should really try to get over Jungwoo. It's been one year since he left. He didn't even tell you to wait for him!" Jae said.

Serenity groaned.

"I'm sorry guys. I've been in love for him so long that I have faith and hope that he'll return."

"Serenity I hate to say this, but you feel in love with after 2 months of knowing him. And you dated for what 7 months?" Brian said sitting on the couch next to Serenity.

"We're still dating." Serenity said.

"Are you really though? When was the last time that you had a proper conversation?" Jae said, sitting down on the other side of the cramped couch.

Silence followed.

"Serenity, for the love of god, tell us. Holding in isn't going to make it any better. You might be an actress but lying about your private life isn't healthy." Jae said sighing.

"4 months. It's been four months. I don't know what to do. I'm losing hope, but I don't want to make a scene. I'm scared of losing him. All I have are you two and my auntie. And she's moved away. I don't know how to deal with everything. Everyone has eventually left me."

"Except us. Serenity, all you had to do was tell us. We aren't going to leave. And your aunt didn't fully leave. She's always one call away. And serenity, listen to me. We are here for you. You have brought us closer and happier. We stay with you because we love you. We both see you as our little sister. You've been with us through heartbreak and struggles. We'll help you. We'll help you find your true Mister Right. In fact, I already have a good idea." Brian said, brushing the falling black locks out of her face.

"Now. I am going to cook some food. The replacement caterer is terrible and Jae's cooking is shit. Jae, Serenity needs to be taken shopping tomorrow. We need a look that says, I'm single but not horny." Brian said before walking into kitchen.

Things will get better

And there was that dam voice again. Well, one of them. This one had a slight accent to it, and this one felt the most comforting.

One day, she'll meet the owner of those voices.

But she didn't know she meet them so soon.