"I know. I can explain. Can I come in?" I asked returning his stare.

"First. How did you find me?"

"Maison came to my office." I simply said noticing how he became relaxed but his eyes were focused on our surroundings. A tilt of his head gave me the okay to enter his home, hesitantly I walked past him admiring the open plan of the living area and the view of the beach. "Do you mind if I take a picture? Becca will love this view." I asked getting out my phone.

"Becca. The redhead you went to dinner with. Your girlfriend?" he inquired walking further into the house then turning toward the kitchen.

"Correct." Taking a few shots of the beach then sending them to Becca with a personal message. I was grinning like a schoolboy while texting.

"She's good for you. Never saw you this happy not even with... Ronnie."

My smile died by the mention of her name. "That's why I'm here." I began calmly following him into the kitchen. I stood by the entryway watching him move about the kitchen with much practice. A high seat was set up by the island, he placed a cartoon character plate before it before going to the fridge. The Dante I knew back then never stepped a foot in the kitchen, he preferred eating out or having our chefs fix us a meal.

Dante stayed in silence while he fixed what looked like a fruit salad. He got tense once more, his movement grew stiff. If my guess is right he was probably thinking of that day. "D. I didn't fly all the way here to rehash that day. I just want to get rid of her in my life by wanting to know what she has on you." I said calmly.

"Nothing. She has nothing." he grounded out his attention solely on what he was doing on the stove. Why the fuck is he lying? I wanted the truth from him and not a third party.

"Then why move?" I pressed. He released a sigh then ran his hand through his now long dark hair. "She wants our son to play you again."

I stayed silent waiting for him to go on. "She never wanted Dane. She signed away her parental rights when he was an hour old. She didn't even hold him. I thought... I thought she will want us to be a family you know. Since you called it quits but to her I wasn't worth it. It was you she wanted. It's like she's fucking obsessed."

"So I've heard. Maison told me everything though. You loved her truly when I thought I did." I said out loud idly walking around the kitchen.

"What do you mean you thought you did?" he asked genuinely interested. Dante folded his arms and leaned against the island. I did the same opposite of him, "Remember how my parents met?"

He nodded his head in response, his brows furrowed. "It's the same with Becca and I. I love her dude. She helped me a lot I just wish I can repay her. She did so much for me." Just thinking of her had me smiling.

"I'm glad that you're happy Seb. I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have listened to her and kept quiet." he commented. I can hear the sincerity in his voice from his apology, I guess that was needed because I felt somewhat lighter. "You loved her. If you did come and explain it all then all of this wouldn't be happening." I said gesturing to the house.

"That was one regret but I got a blessing out of it. A son who I love a lot. It still fucking hurts that she doesn't want him." Dante said laughing humorlessly but you can hear the underlying sadness.

I stood silently watching him work, in the mindset I expected us to go at it but found this way completely mature. Here we were in the same room talking about the women in our lives. I did miss my best friend, sad, that a woman had to destroy us. "I came also for your help. We know what she's up to, I need a copy of your son's birth certificate and the document stating she gave up parental rights. I know you don't want him mixed up shit and we both know she needs to be dealt with. What do you say?" I asked.