Julia chapter 2

Third person's POV

The little girl smiled at him as he smiled back. The moment was ruined when He heard her tummy grumble. She looked down at it.

"You hungry?" Paul asked with a laugh. Julia nodded her head vigorously.

"Can I draw? I have coloring pencils in my bag" she asked Paul with hopeful eyes he nodded and gave her bag; witch had been long forgotten in the living room. He then led her into the kitchen. It was a simple kitchen. The room had the shape of a square. The oven and stove were in the corner with white counter tops running on either side of it. The sink stood in the center of it with the fridge a few feet away. White cabinets decorated the walls. There was an island in the center of the room with places to sit down.

He watched in amusement as Julia climbed the tall chair. Once on it, Julia started to draw, her small pink tongue poking out it concentration. Satisfied that she was okay, Paul turned around and started to search his pantry for food, he found some pasta. He took a pot out and filled it to the top. He then placed it on the stove as he waited for it to boil. He stole a quick glance a Julia; she was still in the same spot. He looked back at the now boiling water. He added the pasta and finished cooking.

He placed a plate in front of her with a cup of orange juice that he found in the fridge and sat across from her. He stared at her for a few minutes until she put down her pencil with a satisfied look

"All done" she said proudly as she put pencil down.

"What did you draw?" asked Paul trying to see what she did.

"The girl in your song!" she said excitedly while showing him her creation. The picture looked liked some scribbely lines put together with color in them. "See, there she is picking up the rice!" she says as she points to a bended figure with a white ball in her hands." can you see it?"

"I see it. It's a very pretty drawing Julia"

"Do you really like it?" she asked hopefully

"You know what? I like it so much that I'm going to put it up on the fridge!" he said. "You wanna help me put it up?" He asked her as he stood up with the picture in his hands.

"yah!" she exclaimed as she climbed down the chair, but before her feet could touch the floor Paul swinged her up in his arms as she squealed. He rested her on his hip as he walked towards the fridge. There, he handed her a magnet and the picture. She positioned the drawing carefully before putting the magnet on it. "There!" she said happily. She looked up at Paul, and kissed him on the cheek. She had decided that he wasn't so bad. He touched the spot that she kissed.

"What was that for?" Paul asked stunned

"For everything mister" she said with a smile. Paul looked at the child I his arms:

"Well, you are very welcome" he smiled back. "Hey! How come you don't call me by my name?" he asked curiously

"Because you never told me what it was silly!" she said as if it was the most obvious thing on earth. He was certain that he must have told her at one point.

"Are you sure?" he asked confused. Julia nodded. "Well, you can call me Paul" he told her.

"Okay!" she said. Her tummy grumbled

"Come on," Paul said "let's finish supper." He put Julia down as they went to there chairs to eat supper.

"How old are you Julia?" he asked once she had sat down. She chewed on her food she before answering.

"3 and a quarter!" she exclaimed while holding up 3 fingers.

"Aren't you a little lady?" he asked teasingly