Chapter 1

Milan*

"Katerina," Klaus said smirking. 

"Elena. Katerina. My doppelgängers have made quite the name haven't they?" I ask him. 

He looked confused so I use magic and pin him again the wall. 

"Not Elena. Tatiana. Katerina. I am Milan Petrova," I said walking up to him. 

"The magic made it clear you weren't any of them," he grunts out. 

"I like things quick and easy. It makes things better," I said nodding the right side of my head, looking at him with a glare. 

"True," he said. 

"Now I don't like how I'm now apart of all this. You're annoying older gay brother made an offer I just couldn't...hm... resist, and when I hear you say kill her and the child it makes me confused. That child is a witch, a werewolf, and a vampire. It could give you power you could only imagine," I said smirking. 

"Yes but I'll be a father," he said. 

"That would be your chance to show the world that Klaus Mikaelson can be a good person, shows he has humanity, however ugly it is, in other words power," I said shrugging, "but if you don't want power, than we can kill Hayley and the child," I said letting him go of my magic, walking away with a knowing smirk. 

"Wait," Klaus called out. 

"Yes?" I ask him, making a confused face of innocence. 

"Tell Sophie Deveroux I'm in," he said going back to drinking. 

"Will do," I said before I turn around to look at him, "and Klaus," I said grabbing his attention, "this child, it doesn't give you the power you want, it gives you the power you need," I said smiling as I walk away to give him time to think on his own. 

As I walk down the streets I start to think about my life and every feeling I felt through it. 

Regret. Heartbroken. Happiness. Depression. Hope. Faith. 

"How?" A voice asked breaking me from my thoughts of my life's feelings. 

"How, what?" I asked turning around to see Elijah standing there with a confused look. 

"How did you get him to agree so easily?" He asked me taking a step closer to me. 

I sigh looking away as I gulp down my sobs and tears, before I look at the Nobel Mikaelson with a bit of shame and a small smile. 

"When I looked into his eyes," I started as I think back to just moments ago. 

"I saw myself," 

As I look into the hybrids eyes I saw loneliness, scared, hope, and something else...

"Mr. Mikaelson, your brother is a bit tricky to read. But it was easy when I thought about what I'd do in a situation like his," I said stepping closer to Elijah do we're chest to chest.

"What was he feeling?" He asked desperately, wanting to know what his younger brother is feeling in such a....life twisting situation. 

"What I suggest, Mr. Mikaelson," I whisper in his ear slowly, letting my breath fan his face, "ask him yourself." 

And with that I'm gone. In a flash in back in my apartment. My lonely, empty apartment. 

I go to my wine cabinet and grab a bottle of red wine and drink it. 

"Why?" I hear a voice ask as I open the doors to my balcony scarring me slightly. I turn around to see the hybrid with a curious face. 

"Why help the werewolf? Why help me? Why help my family?" He asked coming closer to me with that same adorable curious face. Adorable? Why did I think that? 

"Answer me, love," he said as his hand raised to my cheek and held it as he looked into my eyes and I in his. 

"To save mine," I whisper weakly as his eyes look almost compelling. His blue almost brown like orbs starring deeply into my almost black orbs. He starts to lean in as I do the same before I back away not wanting to go there. I just can't go there. He sighs before softly kissing my cheek and he's gone. The only sense I can smell of him is his intoxicating cologne. 

I sigh looking down as I let a brave tear fall before I wipe it and put that smug smirk back on as I look over the city below me. 

The witches will get what they deserve. Even if I have to kill my way to make it happen.