Chapter 2- Re-Meeting Adam

Start from the beginning

"Thats ok, like i said, i don't do it for just anyone," he whispered, almost inaudibly, and for some reason he sounded slightly sad...

We stayed like that for 20 minutes, lying so close to one another, not looking at each other or speaking, just appreciating being alive and being so close to one another. I think we both knew deep down that one day we wouldn't have that.

A couple of days later we had a BBQ at the beach. "Hey Cordoba!" a voice yelled cheekily. i turned around, my face a picture of sarcasm. Just as I was about to reply haughtily (as a joke obviously) suddenly a clod of sand hit me right on the head, showering into pieces, pieces that went in my mouth. Ew!

"Wrightson!" I bellowed, "I know that was you, I have sand in my mouth now you cretin!" I wasn't really angry, but I found it fun to wind them all up. "Oh my goodness Saphy I'm so sorry!" One of the others said kindly- it might have been Rory. "Im ok Rory, just sick of immature idiots, but thank you very much for being considerate and lovely for asking," I lisped sweetly, linking my arm in his, shooting Adam and the others a fake glare. "That's good, I apologise again on behalf on the, erm, idiots," he glanced over at Adam and some of the others. Surprisingly, Adam looked slightly pissed off and was that hurt I saw in his eyes? No it couldn't be, he had no reason to be hurt, if anyone did I did, but I wasn't.

I wandered off with Rory, before you get judgey he is actually very nice, we've been friends since birth. Unfortunately I didn't know then what I know now, but that isn't the point. We were talking and strolling leisurely when we were grabbed from behind very abruptly, and carried over to a pit dug in the sand. "Adam what are you doing!?" I giggled hysterically. "Revenge!" he replied wickedly, revenge for what I don't know. Once we were in the pit they started shovelling heaps of sand all over us (except for our heads) No matter how much we squirmed we couldn't get free, we might as well have been buried in cement!

When they were done they stood back triumphantly. Adam grinned down at me "You know Saphs I think this is a perfect opportunity for a holiday snap, don't you?!"

I glared playfully at him, "I will kill you later!" I hissed back.

"Aw don't be mean to me!" He moaned jokily. "Actually before we take a picture of this beautiful masterpiece , I think it's missing something, some pazzaz, hmm..." He said thoughtfully, before walking to the sea shore "Aha! I know!" He cried proudly, he strode back brandishing a bucket.

"No Adam please!" I begged him, half joking half serious.

He tilted his head at me deliberating whether to give in to my pleas, then a devilish grin spread across his lips. "Don't worry Saphs I'll make sure you look like a gorgeous mermaid," he said sweetly, but I didn't trust him one bit. "Don't you come near me Wrightson!" I screamed. He strolled over to me, and knelt down, leaning in so our noses were almost touching, "Don't worry Cordoba, I don't do this for just anyone." For a fleeting moment I thought he was going to kiss me. Then a freezing feeling enveloped me, washing away any romantic thoughts. AHHH that maniac had tipped the bucket on my head! "Quick Joel get the picture, say cheese Saphy!" He chirped. I can guarantee you, as he posed cheekily next to me, that I said something, but it definitely wasn't "cheese"...

That picture is still his lock screen...

In Adam's defence- which he informed me of later- he did warn me, he told me I'd look like a gorgeous mermaid, and mermaids have seaweed for hair and live in the sea, so I guess it was all necessary.

After drenching me in freezing salt water, the boys undug me and Rory, and Adam hoisted me out of the pit (as I've mentioned before, I'm slightly vertically challenged, or as Adam puts it, I'm a midget!) As you might expect my T-shirt was well in need of a wash, unfortunately I had no spare change of clothes with me. Luckily Adam had a spare T-shirt and hoody which he lent me, "say thank you, Saphs," he said mock pompously, "Go to hell Adam, I deserve these after you wrecked mine!" I replied irritatedly, but as I turned around my eyes twinkled with humour.

Adam's clothes fitted me like a dress, and on the walk back through the streets to the car I got some odd looks from people who thought I wasn't wearing any shorts!

I expected to give them back to him when we got back to camp, but as we pulled in to the camp he turned to me "Are they comfy?" He asked referring to his clothes. "Of course, they're the comfiest things I've ever worn!" I replied truthfully, to be honest i don't have that many nice clothes. He looked at me for a second then said "You can keep them for now if you want," I was a bit stunned, I knew this was his favourite jumper. I started to ramble saying how I didn't mind giving them back and I didn't want an act of charity, but he shook his head and started walking away. Then he just before he got out of sight in the dark field he turned around and said "I don't do this for just anyone Cordoba," and then he walked off into the night, leaving me standing there, completely bewildered.

AUTHORS NOTE- hey guys! I hope you're enjoying this! It's currently a work in progress so I hope it's ok!! If you read this would you mind answering in the comments this question: at this point do you think Adam has feelings for Saphy? Thanks :) there'll be more soon hopefully! <3