[11]

---

---

Lilith had decided to follow Floyd into the bar, ready to have a drink. She felt as though she at least deserved that after what she had been through that day. She felt exhausted but refused to let it show as it was a weakness. She threw herself down on one of the bar stalls next to Floyd. 

Harley took the role of bartender.

"What ya having, KC?" Harley questioned. 

"Bloody mary, right?" Floyd asked. 

Lilith downed her shot, ignoring what he said next as she focused on the faint burn of the vodka. 

"KC, it's the end of the world, have a drink with us," Harley responded, gesturing to the array of alcohol behind her. 

"Beer."

"There he is. Give the man a beer," Captain Boomerang muttered. 

Harley poured Lilith a new drink. 

"How about you, hot stuff?" Harley asked El Diablo.

"Water," he replied. 

"That's a good idea, honey."

"Ninja, you want some saké?" Harley asked

"Whisky," she told. 

Harley poured her drink.

"What am I, twelve?" Floyd spoke, holding up his shot glass. Harley refilled it. "Here's to honour among thieves," he added, holding up his glass. 

"I'm not a thief," Katana muttered. 

"Oh. She's not a thief," Floyd whispered to Lilith, who sent him a smirk.

"I actually prefer to think of myself as an asset relocation specialist," Boomerang spoke up. 

"You're a thief, don't sugar coat it," Lilith voiced, rolling her eyes.

"Well, we almost pulled it off. Despite what everybody thought," Floyd spoke. "Worst part of it is, they're gonna blame us for the whole thing. And they can't have people knowing the truth. We're the patsies. The cover-up. Don't forget, we're the bad guys. And for about two sweet seconds, I had hope."

"You had hope, huh? Hope don't stop the wheel from turning, my brother," El Diablo began.

"You preaching?"

"How many people you killed, man?" El Diablo asked. 

"You don't ask nobody no question like that, ese," Floyd replied. 

"You ain't ever whacked down no women. No kids."

"I don't kill women or children," Floyd told. 

"I do. See, I was born with the devil's gift. I kept it hidden most of my life, but, the older I got, the stronger it got. So I started using it, for business, you know, the more power on the street I got, the more firepower I got, like that shit went hand in hand. You know, one was feeding the other," El Diablo began.

Lilith glanced at the red consuming her hands. 

"Ain't nobody tell me no. Except my old lady. You know she used to pray for me. Even when I didn't want it," he recalled, holding his hand out, a small fire figure of a woman dancing on it. "God didn't give me this. Why should he take it away? See, when I get mad, I lose control. You know, I just... I don't know what I do... Till it's done."

El Diablo placed a glass over the flame, watching it die out. 

"I get it," Lilith whispered. She noticed Floyd wipe his eye. She grasped his free hand in hers.

"And the kids?" Boomerang questioned. 

"He killed them." Harley turned her head from Boomerang to El Diablo. "Didn't you?" There was an uncomfortable pause as no one wanted to confirm what she said. "Own that shit. Own it! What'd you think was gonna happen, huh?" Harley turned to Lilith. "Look what happened with her family because of her shit."

"Hey, Harley. Come on," Floyd warned.

"What you were just thinking you can have a happy family and coach little leagues and make car payments? Normal is a setting on the dryer. People like us, we don't get normal," Harley yelled. "Look at Lilith, her whole family is dead because she had whatever the fuck that red shit is. She didn't get normal."

Lilith's eyes flashed red for a second as she was overcome with anger. 

"Why is it always a knife fight every single time you open your mouth?" Boomerang interrupted. "You know, outside you're amazing but inside, you're ugly."

"We all are," she whispered. "We all are," she repeated, her voice louder. "Except for him. He's ugly on the outside, too."

"Not me, shorty. I'm beautiful," Killer Croc replied, pulling his hood down. 

"Yeah, you are."

The door creaked open, causing everyone to turn towards the sound. Flag walked in, causing her to roll her eyes. 

"We don't want you here," Harley told. 

"You get to the part in that binder saying I was sleeping with her?" Flag asked everyone.

"Yeah. I never been with a witch before, what's that like?" Floyd questioned, sending Lilith a wink, his hand moving from hers to her thigh. She smirked back. "Apparently that's why the creatures chase him all the time, 'cause the witch is scared of him."

"The only woman I ever cared about is trapped inside that monster. If I don't stop the witch, it's over. Everything is over. Everything," he told. He unstrapped the tablet from his arm, throwing it onto the bar. "You're free to go."

Boomerang ran out of the bar as quickly as he could. Flag took out a pile of letters.

"Your daughter writes you every day. Every single day."

Flag went to leave but Floyd stopped him.

"You had these the whole time? You had letters from my daughter the whole time?" He paused. "I'm gonna get you there and you're gonna end this. I'm gonna carry your ass if I have to, 'cause this shit is gonna be like a chapter in the Bible. Everybody's gonna know what we did and my daughter is gonna know that her Daddy is not a piece of shit."

With that Floyd left the bar. 

"I'll come." Harley moved from behind the bar. Lilith soon followed. "What? You got something better to do? Come on... pussies."

"Don't be such bitches," Lilith spoke, grabbing her gun off of the bar.