[10]

---

---

We walked up the stairs, meeting the rest of the group. I went to move forward but was stopped as Flag held his hand up.

"Wait here. Please. I don't wanna give this dude a heart attack, okay?" Flag told.

I rolled my eyes at him, glancing into his mind. 

Amanda Waller, the devil in disguise. I scoffed. 

"Aww. He's embarrassed of us," Harley cooed. 

"Hey, Flag. This dude better cure cancer after all of this shit," Floyd voiced. 

"Better get me a shorter prison sentence too," I muttered. 

Floyd walked after Flag, leaving Harley and me alone. 

"So what's going on between you and Floyd?" She questioned. 

"What?" I blurted, turning towards her. 

"Please, you both wanna fuck-"

"Harley, shut up," I spat, noticing the door open. 

"No way," she spoke, stepping forward. 

"Let's go home," Flag told. 

"Yeah, let's go home. That sounds good. You guys wanna go home? Or you wanna go back to prison?" Boomerang asked. 

"I'm not going back to prison," Harley stated. 

"What I'm saying is we kill the pair of 'em now before they kill us," Boomerang suggested. 

Katana lunged towards us, only to be held back by Amanda. 

"I got this. You all made it this far. Don't get high-spirited on me and ruin a good thing," she warned, holding up a small tablet with our faces on. 

"I like her," Killer Croc announced. 

---

I watched on as one of the soldiers attempted to communicate with the helicopter in front of us to no avail. I rolled my eyes, knowing exactly what had happened. It was hijacked. They repeated themselves again and again before Flag finally realised something was wrong. 

Then the gunshots started. The aircraft began attacking us. I formed a shield, deflecting the bullets as I moved to take cover. I heard the familiar laughter of The Joker.