Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Why would you do that Beast Boy?

Rae

Today was a normal day. Just like any other day, crime was always going on in Jump City. And just like any other day, the teen titans would stop them. We would then share lunch, usually a pizza, and just hang out together. I would usually read a book about spells or of fantasy. Beast Boy would argue with Cyborg about what kind of pizza to get. Robin would attempt to look like a leader by telling them to hurry up. Starfire would be smiling or floating or both. After lunch, we would head back to the tower and everyone would do their own thing. I, on a daily basis, retreat to my room. Beast boy would take a nap or play video games in the living room. Robin would spar or train or do anything physical. Starfire would challenge Beast boy to a video game match or go play with Silkie in her room. Cyborg would play video games along with him or work on the Tower's technical operations or his car. I simply just want to read.

It was near evening and dinner should be ready by now. Today was Starfire's turn (chance) to cook. She prepares a home-made meal from her planet every time. They always smell revolting but to keep her spirits up, we pretend to eat it and Cyborg would make something like hamburgers. After dinner, I go back to my room to meditate. My mind has been recently preoccupied with all of the new villains showing up. I try to ease my senses through meditation and spiritual practice. I was deeply concentrated until some green-haired idiot decided to knock on my door.

"Hey Rae!" Obviously Beast boy had a death wish. I ignored him of course until he continued to bang on my door.

"What!" I slightly open the door. I breathe slowly to keep myself calm. He laughs nervously and then regains his confidence.

"I was wondering what you were doing? You're always in your room. Don't you want to play a game with us?" His attention quickly turns to what's behind me. "What's that!" His curiosity compels him to walk into my room.

"What do you think you're doing?" He ignores my question and shifts into a cat. After slipping through the tight opening, he shifts back to human form and turns to me.

"It won't hurt if I just look, right?" He smiles brightly and I huff in annoyance. I close the door and tell him to stay by the wall. His eyes wander my dark room but I warn him to not touch anything. He whimpers before nodding and looks back at me. I exhale my breath slowly before remembering the spell I was working on. I wanted to continue my training of channeling negative energy and using it to my will.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos." I continue my chant and concentrate on the dark forces swirling around on my floor. Beast boy screams and I quickly shush him. He mutters an apology before I continue the dark spell. I go into a tranced state and lock out all other sounds and presences. The circle on the floor begins to glow and black sparks crackle forth from the ground.

BB

A quick knock was sounded while Rae was doing her scary magic. I quietly opened the door and shushed the titans awaiting on the other side.

"Quiet, guys. She's in some kind of trance. She's working on her spells and told me, I can't touch anything. Its got to be something serious since she actually trusts me not to touch anything while she's knocked out." I smile mischievously. Robin shoves through, not believing me for a second. Star gasps as Cy and I turn to the center of the room. Swirling black shapes shifted through the room, more continued through the hole in the ground. I laugh at Star's sacredness. Rae would never hurt us, intentionally. I shake my head from the thought and gaze around the room again. I look toward her shelf of books. One had SLLEPS printed on the label of it, huh, wonder what that is. I open it carefully and blow off the dust. Spells for beginners, oh, I turn to the table of contents. Hmmm, we should try this out.

I turn to the correct page and look at the diagrams and directions. We need one summoning circle and a spell caster. Seems easy enough, so I turn around to see Rae almost done with her spell. The dark shapes were slowly getting heavier and dropped to the ground, slipping back into the dark hole. I think of a cool place we can use for this spell. Man, I am such a genius. As soon as Rae looks done with her spell, I plop the book into the middle of the circle.

"Hey Rae, can we try this one?" Everyone looks at me, except Rae who is probably still in a trance. They step toward the circle carefully and put peer at the words in the book.

"BB, you know we could just travel to where we want by my car or the Titan jet, right?"

"Yeah but this way looks way cooler." I smile at them and tap Rae on the shoulder to get her attention. "Hello~ Anyone in there?"

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos."

After that everything went black.

"Ugh, my head hurts dude!" My eyesight was spinning and my head hurt a lot. Everyone else was groaning or still knocked out. I have no idea what just happened. One minute we are in Raven's creepy room and the next were in the alley of an empty street. The streets looked normal so at least we didn't get transported to some weird alien planet. No offense, Starfire. I feel normal. Wait, normal? I slowly brought up my hand to my face.

Cy

A freakishly girly scream awoke me.

"Yo! BB! Shut it, man. I'm trying to sleep. I-" Wait a minute. Since when do I sleep? I recharge, I repair, or I upgrade. I don't sleep in the middle of the day either. I would be working on my arm to make sure all of the components are charged and updated. Or I would be working on my car or another transporter for the team. My head started hurt so I rubbed my bald head. 

"Whoa!" I yank my head to my eye circuits for a quick scan. After nothing happened for a while, I realized a few things. My eye was normal. My arm was normal. My leg was normal! I'm normal! "Boo-yeah!" I started to jump up and down and skip around the alley as the rest of the team was noticing something is different.

Star

"My friend, what is wrong?" Beast boy's screamed startled me and I wanted to comfort him. His head turned toward me and I was shocked. His skin was not green! I tried to lift my myself from the ground to examine him but my powers had ceased. I tried once more but maybe in this dimension I cannot.

"Robin!" I turn to our leader and gently pat his shoulder. He sits up and rubs his head. Nothing has changed about him. I changed my attention to Raven and she seemed the same. Robin gasped as he noticed the changes of Beast boy and Cyborg. I walked over to Raven and shook her gently. "Raven, are you alright?" She still held the same peaceful look on her face. I was afraid she was still asleep. Only Raven would know how to return our friends to normal, I mean, themselves again. She groaned as she slowly lifted her head.

"What happened?" Her voice was groggy as she began to take back consciousness. 

"We were hoping you could tell us, Raven?" Robin asked her in fearful tone. Everyone has lost their powers, excluding Robin. Only Raven can return us home.

This is definitely not a normal day.