Reunited

Clara sat in her bedroom in the TARDIS, her nose stuck in a book. Ever since her doctor regenerated, she felt as if he was pushing her away. She felt they weren't close anymore.

Even if the doctor still acted the same, they couldn't ever have the relationship Clara wanted. They can't hold hands, or act like a couple, or even kiss, like they could before. Clara missed the previous doctor loads, and she couldn't stop thinking about it.

She thought that they had a chance for a relationship, and now all hope of having that was crushed. She almost wanted to quit traveling with him, but she knew she had to give him a chance.

She suddenly heard a soft knock on her door.

"Clara..?" The grey man said. He almost sounded desperate.

Clara tried to sound casual, despite her sadness. "Yeah?" She responded quietly but loud enough for him to hear.

"Could you come out?" His muffled voice said through the door.

Without saying anything, she set her book down, got up, and opened the door to the tall man.

"I have something for you you might like." He tried to pull off a smile, but didn't succeed.

She walked past him to the console room and waited for what he was talking about. He followed behind her, and pushed some levers and buttons.

Once the TARDIS landed, he opened the doors. Clara did a double take, once she saw what was outside the deep blue doorframe.

"Why are we on Trenzalore?" She looked back at him. She raised a confused eyebrow.

"So you can do what has to be done." He said it as though it was obvious.

"What're you talking about, Doctor?" She was starting to get irritated.

"Trenzalore, a few minutes after I sent you back to your flat. Now I can't go with you, because paradoxes, and messing with my own timeline, and all that. But I know you can do this." His sad eyes glistened. He wanted Clara to prevent him from ever regenerating.

Clara hugged him quickly, and ran out of the box. She was greeted with a dark purple, red sky, and Christmas trees and decorations. Then she saw it.

She saw a blue box, unmistakably the TARDIS. She ran over to it, and tried to pull the doors open. Of course they were locked. She rattled them, until they were opened by the Doctor holding the TARDIS phone.

She was astonished by who she saw. It was her chin boy, with torn clothes and his old bow tie.

On the verge of tears, she hugged him, as tight as she could. Not knowing what to do, he hugged back.

"Clara? Clara!" he looked down at her in shock. "How did you get here?! I thought I sent you back to your flat!"

She paused the hug and slapped him on the arm while pouting.

"Are you cross?" he asked, studying her expression.

"Of course I'm cross! All because you sent me back, you, you-" She didn't know what to say, she wasn't sure if it was a good idea to tell him that he regenerated.

"What? What did I do?" he held onto her shoulders, not wanting to let her go.

"You - it doesn't matter." she sighed. "It only matters that I have you back now." she hugged him, burying her face in his shoulder.

Not saying anything, he hugged her back, his face in the crook of her neck.

Meanwhile, the twelfth doctor watched from his own TARDIS, and saw them close the TARDIS doors. He smiled a little bit, Clara having her happy ending. He knew that he's never have going to existed, so he stayed until the TARDIS dematerialized. And then he was gone.

Clara and the eleventh doctor continued to travel through time and space in his snogbox, and they lived happily ever after.

You can leave the rest of the story to your imagination.