To Aria, Medusa looked as adorable and innocent at that moment as a child in a candy shop. All Aria wanted to do was let Medusa talk and talk, just so she could have one more glimpse at that sweet sight of her. 

    “Honey, you haven’t heard music yet.” Aria said jokingly. And so, as they sat at the kitchen island eating eggs that early morning, they both went on about their favorite things online. Aria promised she would make Medusa an Instagram account, a Twitter one, and a Facebook one, but when she mentioned Pinterest, it was the most pleasant surprise to learn that Medusa had already made one. 

    Nights went on like that. Medusa visited almost every night (Aria told Medusa not to come the nights Virgil was over). Medusa would stay up all night in front of Aria’s laptop (or phone; when she had work on her laptop). Aria would end up sleeping with her head on her shoulder, on the couch with Medusa’s lap as a pillow, or anything between these two positions. 

   When Aria slept, half of Medusa’s time was spent watching her, touching her soft brown locks, watching her chest rise and fall with every breath, taking in her the strawberry scent she had come to lov- appreciate.

    One night, after Aria had given her the birds’ shampoo she had bought her for her wings, Medusa stepped into the sitting room where the former was.

    “I can’t reach them.” was all Medusa  said, holding a towel to her naked self in one hand and the bottle of feather cleaner in the other. The need to hide her naked self felt weird to Medusa; she had spent so much time nude in the past. Plus, Aria had seen her naked on multiple occasions. But she felt like this was different. More intimate in a way: especially since the two had gotten closer over the month they had known each other in. The thought of Aria rubbing her wings while she stood naked sent pleasant shivers down her spine.

    Aria ignored the blush forming on her own face as she sized Medusa up, and chuckled at her cute actions. She silently stood, followed the gorgon to the guest bathroom, trying hard not to stare at her bare bottom, only slightly covered with her wings. 

    Medusa stood in the middle of the bathroom, her wings spread wide as Aria washed them. They twitched every once in a while when Aria rubbed a specifically sensitive spot. Aria didn’t want to stop when she deemed the wings clean. So, instead of washing off the soap, Aria just continued to massage them, reaching to Medusa’s neck, shoulders, waist, hips, arm. Her slicked-up hands acted on their own, going from her wings to her body and back, teasing, sensual. As if on instinct, she leaned her mouth to Medusa’s ear, making sure her every exhale tickle the gorgon. 

    Medusa felt herself moan and sigh, her breath hitch and her body tingle with every touch of Aria’s fingers. Her head was dizzy by the time she felt those sinfully-full lips near her ear. And when Medusa swayed, Aria only chuckled in her ear and slid her hands to Medusa’s chest. 

    Aria had never done such a thing in her life, to a woman no less. But she couldn’t get herself to stop, not when Medusa was making those wonderful reactions. She didn’t stop her teeth when they played with Medusa’s earlobe. She didn’t stop her slippery hands from cupping Medusa’s plump breasts. She didn’t stop her eyes from gleaming at the sight of Medusa’s naked shaky body. 

    Aria thought Medusa was going to leave when the latter dispatched herself from Aria by stepping forward. However, she just turned around and lifted her head up slowly, scanning Aria’s wet clothes – only served to make them more revealing by highlighting her curves and breasts more – then stepped forward; closer to Aria.

    Aria’s hands returned to Medusa’s shoulders in a glimpse. Medusa, in return, tentatively touched her fingers to Aria’s cheeks, her eyes darting frantically across her face: memorizing her. When Medusa’s fingers lifted towards the other’s eyes, Aria closed them and leaned forward. Medusa forgot the world around her as she looked at Aria’s clear and beautiful face. She hadn’t known she was leaning in until their lips met. 

    Medusa closed her eyes – her snakes silent for once – as her lips slowly moved across Aria’s. Medusa didn’t have a description for that feeling, except good. It felt good how all her senses were drowned out by Aria. Aria’s smell. Aria’s touch. Aria’s taste. 

    Aria. Aria. Aria. 

    Nothing more.

    Medusa let herself sigh through her nose. Aria retreated, surprised. She backed away a little, as if taking in the whole thing. 

    “Uhm. You – you need to wash off the soap. I’ll – um – I’ll be in the sitting room.” Medusa nodded silently. 

And when she stepped out of the bathroom, alone, she heard Aria at the door.

    “Virgil, hi.”