010 | ponyboy curtis

--
imagine summary : you and pony think of each other while looking at the sunset
word count : 525
--

☆☆☆

***YOUR POV***

"Aren't you gonna tell me that I shouldn't be driving Bob's car when I'm only fourteen?" I exclaim, surprised.

My dad puts down his paper and sighs. "You're old enough to make your own decisions, sweetheart. Now go, have fun." he says as he shoos me out the door.

My eyes start to water. All I wanted was for my parents to care for me. My older brother, Bob, was probably getting drunk somewhere. I push down the tears and walk up the small hill near my house.

The sun is just beginning to set. It's so pretty. People think being a Soc is the best, I think. Well, it's not. Nobody cares for you. Nobody truly loves you.

Sometimes, I wish I was a greaser. They look so carefree, with not a thing to ruin their day. I'm sure they have their own problems too, but they must be better than mine.

I look back one more time before walking back home. Maybe, just maybe, Ponyboy Curtis, the greaser I think is kinda cute, is looking at the sunset on the east side. I smile at the thought.

***PONYBOY'S POV***

I storm out of the house. Darry just hates me, doesn't he? I don't understand. We used to get along just fine before Mom and Dad died. I wish I could go back in time.

I sit down on the porch steps. This sunset sure is beautiful. I wish I could look at it forever.

Socs have it so easy. They have money, happiness, and love, anything they could ever want. At school, they always walk around with the biggest smiles on their faces. They have it all, and they know it. If only they weren't such jerks.

(FLASHBACK TO ONE WEEK AGO)

"We don't have it all, greaser. Trust me." I hear (y/n) say behind me. I look down at my math test. I turn around and say, "Well, at least you have good grades."

She snickers and shows me her paper. She's got it worse than me. She snatches it back.

"You think we Socs have it all. I live the perfect little life. My parents care for me. My brother doesn't disappear each night to go get stupid drunk. I don't cry myself to sleep each night. I get everything I want, don't I?" (y/n) whispers.

I swallow hard. I think I've pushed her too far.

"Well, guess what greaser? All of that is a lie. You are living the life. You don't have a care in the world. You don't have a care in the world, do you? You just go around and have fun with your buddies."

She gets up and and heads for the door. She looks back one more time, and I can see the sadness in her beautiful (y/e/c) eyes.

(PRESENT TIME)

I hope (y/n) is looking at the sunset. Maybe she's looking at it over on the west side. I smile at the thought of
(y/n) looking at the sunset with her beautiful (y/e/c) eyes.

☆☆☆

I actually reeeeaaaallllyyyyy liked this one uwu.

stay gold,

~ xkidkaratex