Tony & Avengers ⇛ Alone

Start from the beginning

"Hey, you're okay." Finally you could properly see.

Tony was sitting on the bed your were on. Bucky, Natasha, Rhodey, Steve, Clint and Bruce were surrounding you.

"Please tell me it was a nightmare." Your voice was croaky and barely audible.

You sat up and let tears build in your eyes.

"It didn't happen right? It was a bad dream? I can go home now can't I?..."

You trailed off, seeing them look so... down.

"What happened?"

No one answered.

"What happened!?" You choked up, a tear dropping down your still warm cheek.

"Bucky found you blacked out in your apartment..." Tony held your hand.

"If I hadn't come on time, the flames would have gotten to you..."

"I-is my house still okay?" You dropped your head slightly.

"I'm sorry." Tony eyes glistened with tears.

Once again, it all got to much, so it happened again. Except this time, you knew the nightmare wouldn't end.

.:. Time Skip .:.

Quickly, you sat up and struggled to breathe. Slowly, you your chest loosened, allowing oxygen to come through. You looked around, no one was there. So you stood up. At first your legs were incredibly weak, you had to hold on to the bed for balance. But soon you could slowly walk.

You made your way out of the bedroom, navigating your way around the Avengers Compound, but touching the walls for a little more support.

As you entered the main sitting room, everything felt hot again. Your body was trembling and you began to sweat slightly.

"Y/n?" Tony got off the sofa and and ran to you, making the other Avengers look at you.

"It's so hot in here." Your words came out in a slur.

"You need to rest." He held your arm and looked at you.

"No no, I'm fine. I'll just go home and watch a movie with my parents."

Tony looked at the rest of the team, who were now standing. He didn't know what to say.

"Y/n... remember? Your parents... they're gone. And your house... it got burned." He hated saying it.

"You passed out for 3 days." Clint added from behind Tony.

At that stage, the heat was getting to much. It was like you could here the fire from behind you. So you turned around and backed away slowly.

"You need to lie down."

"I- is the heater on?" Your heart race picked up, making breathing harder for you.

Tony noticed your sudden change, he saw that you were panicking.

"You're having an anxiety attack. You've got to sit down and listen to me okay?"

"No, no I'm not. I'm fine.."

"Sit over here." Natasha walked over to you.

"SOMEONE TURN THE HEATER OFF!" You yelled, tears of anger and... sadness escaped your eyes.

Not only was it hard for you, it was hurting the team to see you like this. Like someone else.

.:. A Few Week's Later .:.

The past few weeks has been nothing but torture and pain. Things were only getting worse for you.

It seemed like everyone else in the compound had just forgotten..? Even Tony and Bucky.

When you had panic attacks, they would just tell you to sit down and breathe. They never even acknowledged your growing fear of heat. Whenever the heater in the room was on, you'd always to tell them to turn it off; it was too much for you. Now you've just given up on that, they just get frustrated with you.

Today was another one of those days, a normal day.

As you sat on the couch, the darkness grew inside of your head. It was like something was pulling you away from reality, you were being guided somewhere new?

This happened everyday, catching you off guard. The Avengers were getting annoyed and confused with it all. You'd be talking, then just suddenly zone out. But if they felt what you were feeling, if they saw what you were seeing, maybe then they'll stop treating you like a monster.

"Y/n? Wanna come to the living room? We're all in here." Tony broke you out of your... zone.

"Sure.." He smiled at you as you followed along. But it wasn't his comforting, loving smile. It was just... a movement on his face.

The room felt hot, but that's nothing new to you. Everyone smiled at you, you don't really... interact with them anymore.

You sat down and looked up, immediately feeling sick and weak.

"I-I'm gonna go..."

"You just sat down?" Tony frowned.

"I just, don't want to be in here... unless that goes." You signalled to the burning fire place.

"Y/n, I understand that your hurting and scared. But we've done a lot for you, as much as we can. The least you can do is spend time with your family."

A growing feeling of anger cursed through your veins.

"You don't understand! Neither of you do! Sure you've done a lot of me, but have you ever thought I don't belong here!? That I don't belong with you guys!? Maybe I'm meant to be somewhere else, with my actual family up there." Tears fell down your cheek.

Without anymore words, you got up and left for your room.

Why were they making this so hard for you? You lost everything, everything. Not just your family or your house. You lost yourself. That fire did kill you. It burned the light from inside you, the only thing which was keeping you stable. Why can't they just understand that you're weak and struggling?

It was like you were in your old world of darkness, like you didn't have a voice anymore. No one understood you anymore, like, you were some sort of crazy animal.

You were alone.

Alone.

—————-
I was hoping this would be sadder but it's lateeeeee! That also probably explains how many spelling errors there are!