Vacation for Kiyomi?

DON'T KILL MEEEEEE!!!! I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER!!! AND THE FACT THAT THIS IS A FILLER IS HORRIBLE!!! TT.TT

It was ten in the morning, and I still hadn't gotten to sleep. Sighing, I got up to grab a Doctor Pepper. In essence I was just running on the adrenaline of the chase, sugar, and caffeine. I popped the can open and chugged. Then I grabbed a piece of cake and brought it to my desk with me. That was how I spent all my time in Japan. Although I knew there was only a 10% chance Kira killed my mom, there was an 85% chance they used the same method. Wait... 91%. If I could only figure out how Kira killed his victims, I would be that much closer to finding whoever killed my mom. Unless it was an untraceable method (46% chance), I could easily catch him. But since it was so early on in the case, at this point I was just chasing my tail. Another sigh escaped my lips and I sat up. I needed fresh air to clear my thoughts... As I opened the door to my hotel room, Ryuzaki opened the door to his across the hall. "Konnichiwa Kiyomi-san," he greeted emotionlessly. "Konnichiwa Ryuzaki-san," I replied with equal coolness. We both stood there in silence for a while. I took the time to observe him. He had obvious shadows and bags under his eyes that made him look like he was really curious or surprised about something. His slouch was bad enough to make him look hunchbacked, he was stick skinny, and his clothes were a little loose fitting. He was extremely pale and his black hair and black eyes and the shadows under them all emphasized this. He then waved for me to enter his room. "Bring your research," he said simply. I nodded and went back inside to gather my notes. When I returned, it was as if he hadn't moved at all. "May I?" he asked, reaching his hand out. I nodded and handed him my papers. "Come on in," he said. I followed him inside and he motioned for me to sit on the couch. When I sat down, an old man handed L and me both some cake. "Arigato, Watari-san," L said to the man. I nodded my thanks. Quietly, I watched L read my notes as I ate the cake. "This is very thorough, Kiyomi-san," he said when he finished. "Close to the end, I felt your work was losing its edge. Perhaps you should take a break. There isn't much you can do at this point but rest." I shook my head. "I can't rest when I'm that much closer to finding whoever killed my mom," I told him. "I'm guessing she died of a heart attack." I nodded. "Did she have any enemies?" I grabbed a file and handed it to him. "That is my seperate file on my mother's case." He looked at the file, then at me. Taking the file, he said, "I'll take a look at this. Please take a day off, it wouldn't do to have you collapsing from exhaustion." I thought about it, then nodded. "I suppose one little day off wouldn't kill me," I muttered. He smiled, probably just to "seal the deal" for lack of better words. It was that small sort of smile that even I could tell was a rare occurance. "Well, I should probably get started on your mother's file. Why don't you go nap, then hang out and see the sights?" he suggested. I nodded. "Arigato, Ryuzaki-san," I said, walking back to my own room and plopping on the bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out. When I woke up, it was about lunch time, so I wandered around the streets looking for a nice place to get lunch. Then the small cafe I visited the day before caught my eye. I sat at an outdoor table and observed everything.  There were lots of people, both locals and tourists, strolling down the streets. A couple children played outside a candy shop. All in all, it was uncharacteristically peaceful. I then turned my attention to the cafe itself. It was relatively normal, too. Someone tapped my shoulder and I jumped. "You're Light's girlfriend, right? The pretty one?" a girl I recognized as Light's little sister asked, giggling. I blushed a little and suddenly took an interest to my shoes. "He's not my boyfriend, and I'm not that pretty," I muttered. She laughed loudly enough to draw attention to us. "Suuuure, Kiyama-san!" she joked. "My name is Kiyomi, not Kiyama," I corrected. Sayu ignored this and continued going on about the things Light told his family when I left. My cheeks, although not too red, remained a tiny bit pink throughout the whole conversation. Then Sayu did something unexpected. "How about you come over for dinner again? Dad said he'd be home tonight, and I'm sure he'd like to meet you!" she said happily. I paused a little. How was I supposed to answer? Of course I wanted to go. Thankfully we were interupted by Light exiting the car. "Sayu, stop chattering! Mom still needs to go shopping for dinner!" he shouted. Sayu rolled her eyes before yelling back. "But Light, I ran into your girlfriend!" she whined. Both Light and I blushed as we yelled, "We aren't dating!" Sayu continued talking. "Light, the proper thing to say is 'Oh, hey Kiyomi-chan! Why don't I show you around town?'" Light paused for a moment before going completely tomato red. "I-uh-um-well-uh," he stuttered, clearing his throat. "I suppose if you want someone to show you the sights... Only if you really want, though," he insisted. Another pause, then the receding blush came back full-force. I chuckled; he was being so cute! Sayu smiled as well. "Smooth, Light," she commented. I looked back at Light and smiled. "Sure, I'll tour the town with you," I said kindly.

(Light's POV) The moment Ryuk saw Kiyomi, he started cracking up. "T-that's your GIRLFRIEND?!" he questioned, laughing harder. A slight blush creeped up on my cheeks. The absolute worst thing about being in public with him was how he could pick on me and I couldn't do anything about it. I smirked in his general direction and then turned to Kiyomi. "Let's go, I know an art museum that I think you will like," I said, grabbing her hand and leading her away from Sayu and my mom. I noticed slight shadows under her eyes and decided that she must have not slept much all week. "So, I'm assuming you're looking into that Kira case," I said casually. She tensed a little, her hand squeezing my own a little tighter.