Chapter 8

Creeps

So now, where on earth will we buy gas out of nowhere?

"Paano na tayo?! Alam mo ba rito? It looks dangerous here lalo't maggagabi na!" nag-aalalang saad ko.

Because I think, this area is not that near my apartment.

Kaya mahirap lakarin. And wala naman kaming nakikitang gas station or anuman. It's like the boundary of our city here, kasi nandito na yung mapupunong lugar sa amin at konti lamang ang nakatira.

And unluckily, dito pa kami sa may cliff natigil. Napahilamos na lang ako sa mukha ko.

Azure got off the car and I thought he'll find or will get some help from the locals nearby, but he just opened the car's door and helped me getting off the car. Wait, ano na naman 'to?

"Don't worry about the car, let's just stay at the edge of the cliff for a while," He said, calmly.

I just sighed and followed him. Nasa edge kami ng cliff and it's refreshing. Actually, it's my first time here, matagal na ko sa city na 'to but I didn't know na may ganito pala rito. And surprising, Azure knows it than I. I seated beside him.

"Paliwanag," I asked plainly.

He sighed and smirked, "My girl is so stubborn," umusog sya sa tabi ko nang mas malapit, "My mom was told by a lady that I impregnated her," nanlaki ang mata ko sa sinabi nito. What?

Magsside comment na sana ako but he spoke first, "I believe that it's not mine. I usually use condom everytime I do that."

Napalunok ako sa mga sinabi niya and later interrupted.

"What if your protection wasn't trustworthy enough? Nakakaawa 'yung bata Azure," He slightly laughed at my comment.

"I knew that woman, before I even hit on her, I know she's pregnant. She was my friend's fuck buddy," he knows she's preggy but still beat up on her? Incredible!

"That night at the bar, we're both drunk, but I still know what I am doing, and she's been insisting me to make out with her. Her belly back then is not yet big, I was enticed, and later had something with her," I am still processing his words.

This is my first time hearing this kind of things. And the preggy girl? Ang inconsiderate niya to still go in such place, maybe she doesn't want the baby? Poor baby.

Silence consumed us. We're both looking at the sun set, it's getting late now.

"At anong meron doon para manirahan ka sa apartment ko?"

He sighed and looked at me, "A punishment Mariz," I diverted my gaze. Bakit ba trip niya second name ko?

"Actually they wanted me in Zamboanga, but I declined. And I'd rather stay in your apartment. Since hindi ka naman kilala ni Shiela, I plead them to stay with you and eventually allowed me, basta hands off ako sayo," He smirked when I look at him.

"Shiela? The one who called you?" paninigurado ko.

"Yes, baby. She's hunting me down for something that I am not the one accounted for.." he explained habang nakatingin sa kalangitan.