How it started

Lia's p.o.v

Nick and I have been friends since I can remember. We were both 21 turning 22. His birthday is in November and mine is in December. Exactly one month apart from each other. The two of us met when we were 5. In our second year of kindergarten. Since then we have been with each other through everything. I can remember everything hat happened the day we met.

I was sitting on the swing in my school playground, when a boy came and sat on the one next to me. "How come your here by yourself ?", Nick asked me. I hadn't known his name till he told me. "I don't really know anyone. It's only the second week of school."Yea that's true. I don't really know anyone either.", Nick talked again. "Yea..." "I'm Nick." "I'm Lia." He stuck out his hand for me to shake, and I did. "Do you want to be my friend Lia?" "Sure Nick." We both smiled at each other. "After school do you want to come to my house?" "Sure." "My older sister can walk with us." "Really were gonna walk?" We both started laughing. "Yes. You lazy." "Hey! I'm not lazy." I smiled at him, "Whatever you say." "So Nick were friends now?", I spoke again. "Nope. Best friends." "Promise?", I asked. He stuck out his pinky. "I promise."

As our school day ended, I saw Brynn waiting for me. Nick and I were walking together towards her. "Hi Brynn." "Hey Lia. Who's this?" She asked pointing towards Nick. "This is my best friend Nick." "Well hello Nick. How are you." Nick's face turned a bright shade of pink. "H-Hi. I-I'm good." He spoke shyly. "So you guys ready to go?" Me and Nick nodded our heads at the same time. "Ok hold my hands guys", Brynn told us. "No. I wanna hold Lia's hand", Nick protested and crossed his arms. Brynn giggled, "Ok that's fine. You hold Lia's hand and she holds mine. Sound good?" Nick nodded with a smile on his face. As Brynn took my hand in hers I felt Nick take my other hand in his.

When we got to my house Nick and I dropped our backpacks on the floor. I took his hand and we ran up to my room. "So what do you do in here?" "Ummm. I have all my toys. But if you want we can watch tv." I turned around and pointed to my tv. "You have a tv in your room?" I looked down shyly. "Yea. My sister gave it to me cause it helps me sleep at night." Nick smiled. "Oh. My older brother gave me his when he moved out." "Cool." "So where are your parents?"  "My mom is at work. But my mom said that my dad is in heaven cause Jesus needs him there." I let a few tears slip, still not understanding everything that happened to my dad since I was little.

Nick was on the other side of my room but when he saw me crying he walked over and gave me hug. "It's ok Lia. My dad is in heaven too." I wiped my tears away and looked at him while still in the hug. "Really?" "Mmmm", He nodded his head. "Sorry Nicky." He started laughing at what I said. "What?" "I like that nickname." "I'm the only one aloud to call you that." He smiled at me and nodded his head again.

"So since it's just us, our siblings and moms, promise me we're gonna be best friends for the rest of our lives.", Nick spoke. "For the rest of our lives, Nicky." We both giggled.

We were sitting down watching a movie when Brynn walked in. "Hey guys." "Hi Brynn", We both said. "Celina's here." "Celina?" Brynn nodded her head. I quickly got up and ran down the stairs. When I saw her I pulled her into a hug and she hugged back. "Lia!" "Celina!" We pulled away from the hug with the biggest smiles on our faces. "What are you doing here?" "I'm moving here. So we can go to the same school together and have sleep overs." Celina is my girl best friend. Our moms have known each other since our age.

I was so caught up with Celina, that I forgot about Nick. I heard someone walking down the stairs. "Hey Nick. Come over here." He nervously walked over and I grabbed my hand in his and he calmed down. "This is my other best friend, Celina." They  both waved at each other. "Celina this is my new best friend, Nick." I didn't even realize that Celina's mom was standing behind us the entire time. "Ok Celina honey. I think it's time to go. Eat dinner. Wash up." Celina nodded. "It was nice seeing you honey. And it was nice meeting you Nick." He waved at her and she smiled. "Bye Lia. Bye Nick", Celina called out before the door was closed behind her.

"Ok let's go eat dinner guys?" Me and Nick nodded and ran to the kitchen with our hands still joined together. "Can we help?!", Nick and I yelled in unison. "Sure pasta sound good?" We both nodded once more.