twenty. tipsy kissy

I chuckle, Christian grinning as he turns his phone off. "Going for everyone's throat, Grace Kingery," he smiles. I shrug, taking a sip of my beer. "I've said before and I'll say it again, you're one amazing woman."

"And don't you forget it," I say with a smirk, Christian chuckling. "So what are you getting for dessert because I'm getting that chocolate cake."

"I'll get the ice cream and we can split them," he says with a knowing grin.

"It's like you're in my head, Yelich," I say with a chuckle, leaning back in my chair. "It's weird being outside so much. I'm usually trapped in a theater for hours until the sun goes down."

"And I'm the complete opposite," he laughs, taking a drink of his beer. "Maybe we should switch for the day. You be MVP and I be the Broadway super-star."

"I would shit myself if I ever came close to a pitch," I admit with a snort, burying myself in my beer. "And you wouldn't look that good in girls lingerie."

"I'm willing to make that bet," he says pointedly before we both laugh. The whole date has been filled with jokes and laughter and something I haven't felt in a really long time. "Gracie, you're zoned out."

"Sorry," I chuckle, shaking my head. I push my hair back with my hand, looking up at the darkening sky. "I think the beers getting to my head."

"Such a lightweight. You only had two," he sighs, shaking his head with a look of disappointment. Our waiter ends up coming back and we get our two desserts which come out looking absolutely beautiful.

"Oh my god, this looks amazing," I smile, picking up my fork to dive into the cake. Christian starts to eat his ice cream sundae, both of us taking bites of each other's plates. "I need to come here more often, holy god," I say with a mouthful of cake, Christian nodding in agreement.

"We can have our one year anniversary here," he says with a smirk. I roll my eyes, taking another bite of cake.

"You're a cheeky bastard, Yelich," I snicker, grabbing my cup of water. He shrugs, taking another bite of my cake with a smile. A few minutes later, the waiter comes back with the check which leads to Christian and I arguing for ten minutes on who's paying.

"Hey, you picked me up and drove me here. And I was paying regardless of that information," he grins, slapping his card dramatically onto the table. I stare at him with a bored expression, crossing my arms over my chest. "Don't look at me like that, Kingery."

I take a deep, slow breath, rolling my eyes. "I pay next time then," I say firmly.

"Oh, next time?" he grins.

"Maybe," I huff, raising my brows as I lean back. "Maybe you can walk back to your hotel, too."

          "So funny, Kingery," he chuckles sarcastically, nodding his head.  My phone buzzes on the table and I check t to find a text from Charlie saying he's at our place in Chicago.  "Good news I'm guessing by your smile."

          "Yeah.  Charlie got to our new house in Chicago.  Said it's dope as shit," I chuckle, quickly texting him back how excited I am for everything.

          "So, when's your plane leaving tomorrow?" he questions.

"I'm driving to Chicago." He starts to choke on his beer, my eyes widening. "That wasn't the reaction I expected."

"How the fuck are you going to drive over twelve hours to Chicago? No, that's stupid. You should come on the plane with me tomorrow," he suggest. I raise my brows, Christian nodding. "I'm being serious, Grace."