three. sneaky girls

I'm excited to see my brother, it's been too long, almost five months to be exact. My heart is pounding as I walk up to the front entrance of Citizens Bank Park, home of the Phillies.

"Grace Kingery, holy shit," the worker smiles. I've talked with the girl a few times when I came here for every home game. It's shocking she remembers me after all this time.

"Nice to see you again," I smile politely, holding up my pass and ticket. "I'm here to surprise my brother."

"Oh dang, how long has it been since you saw him?" she asks, letting me step by her.

"Almost six months. Kind of depressing because we're twins. Our twin telepathy is probably weak by now," I sigh, shaking my head. That gets a laugh from her and I smile. "Thanks for letting me in. Now I have to go to the other teams club house, all for my brother."

"Well good luck. I know he'll be happy to see you again," she smiles, waving to me. I wave back before skipping away towards the away teams clubhouse.

I send a quick text to Bryce, or Agent Harper as he insists, asking if he's still with Scott. Not even a minute later, Bryce texts back saying Scott is chilling in the clubhouse.

"Wonderful," I whisper with a smile, jogging down the steps. I hold my phone in my hand, adjusting the Kingery jersey I have on over my plain red t-shirt.

Even after all this time, I still know my way around this field like the back of my hand. This place may be big enough to confuse anyone new, but not me. This place became another home to us Kingery kids, the same with our parents to an extent.

Walking down the hallway, I can hear the music from inside the clubhouse. Whoever picked it has good taste, the music making me a dance a little before I knock on the door. A second later, Ryan Braun opens the door.

"Hello, stranger. What can I help you with?" he smiles widely.

"I'm Grace Kingery." Before I can say anything else, his eyes widen in realization.

"Oh shit, your Scott Kingery's twin sister! The one on Broadway," he laughs to which I nod to. "And what would you be doing coming to the Brewers clubhouse? Finally come to your senses."

"Chill with that," I laugh, shaking my head. "I just wanted to see if I sneak through here and go out to the field through your dugout. I'm surprising Scott because I haven't seen him in mad long."

"Oh hell yeah. I love a good twin relationship," he nods, pushing the door open for me. "We have a guest from the enemy side, everyone! Be nice, she's from Broadway."

"We heard you talking to her, big mouth," one of the other Brewers snorts. I chuckle, shaking my head as I stand beside Braun.

"Well, then you know she's sneaking out to surprise her twin," Braun huffs.

My phone starts to ring and I stare at Bryce's glaring name. "Harper?" I question.

"I lost him," is the only thing he says.

"You lost my brother?" I ask in annoyance.

"In my defense he's not that tall!" he shouts in attempt to make up a good excuse. "So, I had to pee and I went to the bathroom, and the next thing I know the guys tell me he went for a walk or something. I don't know."

"First of all, Agent Harper is fired, you suck at your job," I tell him sharply. "Second of all, my brother isn't that short! How do you lose a grown man? Hold your bladder next time!"

"Stop yelling at me! I tried my best," he huffs, and I can almost hear him frowning.

"Okay, does anyone know where he went? Anyone at all?" I ask, rolling my eyes as I hold the bridge of my nose.

"Does anyone know where Scott went? Any idea at all?" I hear Bryce yell, followed by a lot of no's. "Okay, we all lost him."

"I hate all of you," I huff, hanging up. "I'm just going to go hang out in your dugout and pray my lost, apparently short, brother isn't going to see me."

"We could hide you in here for a bit," someone suggests. Christian Yelich, who's sitting with a bag of chips on his lap. "We have food, Grace Kingery."

"And good music taste, apparently," I chuckle.

"Aye! A girl who has good taste!" I chuckle, the man standing up to stretch his hand out towards me. "Orlando Arcia, pleasure to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too," I say, shaking his hand.

"Now, Ms. Kingery, what snacks would you like to dine on?" Christian Yelich asks with a cheeky grin. "We have a variety of chips, sunflower seeds—some flavored, some not—and plenty of gatorade."

"Am I am asshole if I say I don't like gatorade?"

He hums, putting a chip in his mouth. "Yes, yes you are. And that red, oof, it's blinding me right now," he says, holding a hand up to block my outfit.

"At least I'm not a Red Sox fan," I say with a smirk.