Chapter 1

Alex's pov

I sat on the counter, watching Myles very closely. Every rise and fall of his chest, every small movement or motion. Soon enough I began to hear soft snoring, I looked in the direct to see Colton curled up on the floor asleep, he was shivering. I was mad at Colton, I blamed him for everything bad in my life. His birth was the death of my best friend, his mother. 

Every time I saw him, I was reminded of what I had lost, and I hated that. Colton was a timid kid, but I still took care of him when he needed it. I left the room and brought his blanket, I tucked his small, quivering body into the blanket and watched as he slowly stopped shaking. 

I turned my attention back to Myles and waited to see if my prediction was correct. I hoped and prayed that it wasn't but I needed to be sure. For if I am right, a great evil will plague the earth. It was nice watching my boys sleep, they looked like little angels, they looked peaceful. 

I was tired and thought I should get some sleep, so that if it comes to it I will be fully awake to do what needs to be done. I dragged a small couch out of Myles's room and leaned it on the wall next to the bathroom door. I drifted to sleep, and slept for hours.

I woke up, to a soft humming sound, it sounded familiar. I got off the couch and put my ear to the door. It was her song! It was Ella's song! She loved to sing that song, she would sing it everyday to Myles right before he fell asleep, and while she would work, and when she was stressed. It always made everyone in the house smile. 

I opened the door to see how I could hear it after such a long time. Colton sat on the floor, next to the door. He looked up at me fear in his eyes. "uh, I-I'm s-sorry s-sir, I-I d-didn't mean t-to.." he said looking down. before I could say anything he quickly added "c-can I be excused s-sir?" 

"Where did you learn that song?" I asked ignoring his question. 

"I-I" he said still looking to the floor.

"Look at me when you talk!" I demanded. He flinched and slowly moved his eyes to meet  mine, they were blue, just like his mothers. "well are you going to tell me or am I gonna have to beat it out of you?" he opened his mouth to speak when I heard the water move. I looked over to the tub to see that Myles was awakening. "We aren't done here, you will answer the question after I deal with Myles you got that?" He quickly nodded and followed me to the tub.

"What... what am I doing here?" Myles questioned, looking around the room confused. 

"Listen, son, you had a strong fever last night and we had to cool your body temperature down so we brought you here." He still looked confused but accepted the answer. He leaned forwards and slipped on the wet surface of the tub. I caught him and helped him steady himself as I helped dry him off. 

He grabbed a towel off the rack and dried his hair off. "Looks like your fever died down, but if you start to feel hot or sick again don't hesitate to tell me." I said helping him to his room.

"Okay dad, you got it" Myles said with a small smile. I left the room and walked downstairs to see Colton making french toast. He was humming that song again. I closed my eyes and remembered the last time I heard Ella sing that song.

She was sitting in a rocking chair, singing the song as she brushed her soft, blonde hair. "what do you think they will be like?" she asked as her beautiful blue eyes stared deep into my hazel green ones. 

"I don't know, but I hope they look like you." I smile as I pulled up a chair and sat next to her watching the star filled night through the window. She began to sing as the night went on, and what do you know, he does look like her.

I smiled to myself before sitting down on a chair next to the counter. "That toast almost done?" I asked. He quickly stopped humming the song and turned around and finally realized I was in the same room as him.

 He turned back around to flip the bread, as he answered, "Almost"

A couple minutes passed and Myles came down the stairs, "ooh, what smells so good?" As soon as he reached the counter he gripped chair next to me and grabbed his head with a wince. "uh!" he whispered. I pushed my chair back and wrapped an arm around his chest preparing for the fall. He leaned his weight onto me and I dragged him to the couch. Colton helped put his brother's feet on the couch and tried to make him comfortable.

Suddenly I heard the fire alarm go off. I turn around to see the pan Colton was cooking the french toast was on fire. "Colton!" I yelled angrily as I ran to put out the fire. 

"I-I it w-wasn't me! I-I t-turned off the s-stove." Colton yelled back to me, the alarms still blaring. I threw the pan into the sink and turned on the water as steam emanated from the once burning pan. I looked back to the stove and Colton was right it was turned off. I looked back to Myles, he slowly pushed his body into a sitting potion and leaned on the couch.

Could Myles have done this? No, he couldn't, but what if he could? What if he did? 

I opened all the windows to let the smoke out, and soon the fire alarms stopped blaring. Well at least all the french toast didn't burn.

__________

Thank you all for reading more chapters are soon to come stay tuned.

Please vote on my story and add to your library.

Feel free to comment.

-The Author