Runaways // part 1

Start from the beginning

He continues soon after, and you pout, awkwardly climbing in and almost falling onto the wooden floor.

"I used to be able to scare you."

You sigh, crossing your arms while you sit on his bed, allowing yourself to fall backwards into the beige sheets.

"Yes, but it doesn't work when you do it every time you come to see me...What brings you here anyway?"

He asks in his smooth voice, looking over with two grey eyes before finally spinning his chair around to face you, his knees up at his chest as always.

"I thought we could go to the summer market together, if you're willing to come with me. There's some real good handmade candy you can get there. I'd hate for you to miss out."

You say sweetly, glancing around his plain room before your eyes fall upon a few half full suitcases in the corner, white tee shirts and jeans loosely thrown into one of them.

"What's with the suitcases? You going somewhere?"

You ask innocently, and L quickly closes his laptop before getting up, walking over towards you.

"Never mind those. Let's go, I need a break anyway."

He says, in an obvious attempt to change the subject, and you were slightly surprised he needed no convincing to go with you.Not wanting to pry (because with him it wasn't likely you would get anywhere anyway), you reluctantly decide to leave it for now...Even if it did slightly worry you. Suitcases really only meant one thing.

"So...What's the latest case you've been on? You seemed to be pretty busy when I showed up."

You ask, forcing the thought out of your head and a smile on your lips while he locks his door, and makes his way over to the window you came in from. He sighs in response, before you carefully step out and onto the roof, glancing around to make sure there was nobody in sight.

"(y/n), you know I'm not supposed to be telling you about these things at all. Aren't you satisfied just knowing a few? you're lucky I even share any of them."

He responds while he shoves on some beat up white sneakers, and you laugh lightly as you slide down the grey shingling, swiftly climbing down the wall and jumping to the soft grass below.

"Oh come oonnn~ it's not like that rule has stopped you from telling me before!"

You playfully whine, and he rolls his eyes as he smiles lightly, following you down a bit more cautiously before you both make your way towards the fence.

"...Sworn to secrecy?"

He asks, and you nod as you toss your bag over again, slipping through the fence, waiting for him on the other side.

"Alright...Fine...But if I get into trouble for telling you about it.."

He mutters before you cross your heart quickly.

"Not a soul! I swear!"

You immediately respond as you begin walking toward town together, glancing behind to ensure you weren't seen sneaking him out.

"A string of murders linked to a mafia overseas. That's all I'm saying, so before you even ask, no."

He quickly states, and you jog a little to keep up with his pace.

"Awe, you can't just say only that! That just leaves me more curious!"

You laugh, as L glances over with two charcoal eyes as Wammy's House dissappears behind you. Cutting through a small forest you normally used as a shortcut, you both pop out to see the town not far away.