Chapter 13

"Wedding ring," I said slowly, emphasizing each syllable as I looked at the ring. "I still can't believe we're really married."

"Should I pinch you, so you know you're not dreaming?" He asked with a grin.

"If that's a dream, then I'll never want to wake up." I pulled him closer to me until our lips touched.

"You're driving me crazy, you know that?"

When he moaned softly and then returned my kiss passionately, I felt like in seventh heaven. For a moment I just wanted to forget the reality. And reality meant that we would be returning to Tree Hill in a couple hours. We would have to catch up on our honeymoon later. First, we had to tell our family and friends. And I was really looking forward to Haley's and Peyton's reaction once they find out that Julian and I had gotten married. But when I thought of Julian's parents, I got a queasy feeling. I hadn't forgotten how Sylvia Baker had looked at me when I first came to her house. And I suspected that her opinion of me hadn't changed in the last 5 years.

"What are you thinking about?"

"We have to tell your parents," I said, grimacing. "And I'm quite scared of that."

"No need to be scared. I'm here."

"My God, what have I done to deserve you?" I leaned my forehead against his and sighed softly.

"Hey, Brooke, look at me."

I raised my eyes to him, and he gently caressed my cheek.

"I already told you that I don't care what my parents or other people think about us. What matters is what we both want. And I know exactly what you want. I can see it in your eyes."

"Really? Only in my eyes?" I asked teasingly and wrapped my leg around his waist.

He turned and looked at the alarm clock. "Okay, let's have another round. But then we have to get up, take a shower, have breakfast and pack our things. The plane back to Tree Hill will leave in two hours."

"I can shower and get dressed in 10 minutes, maybe have breakfast in 20, and we don't have to pack much, because we just stayed overnight anyway," I told him. "Remains about 1,5 hours to fulfill our marital obligations."

"Then we better shouldn't waste any time."

"No, we shouldn't," I whispered huskily, then lowered my mouth to his.

Julian's POV

The flight from Las Vegas to Tree Hill had taken only about 4 hours, but when we arrived home, we were completely exhausted. I had to smile when I saw Brooke yawning.

"Should we go to the bedroom?" I suggested, waiting for her reaction.

"Julian Andrew Baker!" She said indignantly. "Don't you want to give me a break?"

"To sleep, Brooke," I clarified, laughing. "Not to make love. We hardly got any sleep last night, and I'm really tired."

"Yeah, me too," she said, suppressing a yawn. "But first I want to call Haley and Peyton. They're probably worried."

I rolled my eyes. "If you call them now, you won't be able to get rid of them." I put my arm around her. "You can tell them later that you're Mrs. Baker now," I said grinning.

"Yes, you're right," she reluctantly admitted. "That saves me their accusation for the moment."

"You can tell them that we'll make a big party later," I said. "Maybe this will appease them."

She nodded and headed for the bedroom. "Are you coming?"

I followed her into the bedroom, and we cuddled together in the bed.