𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

She was only a couple feet away from the camp she had made with her father, yet she had been scarred from the creatures she's seen and fought for the past week.
At least she thought it's been a week since she and her father jumped through the inter dimensional gateway that was left open barely 3 inches to the point where they could walk through before it was closed behind them.

Time works different in this place—in this horrifyingly dark and terrifying place.
In reality, they had no idea how long they were stuck in there.
She couldn't imagine going through this alone like Will had to—at least she wasn't alone.

She made it back to the camp she had made with her father, remembering to look down and step over the bear traps and trip wire they made in case any demogorgon were to storm them.

"I got the firewood."
She muttered while she saw her breath come out in a fog in front of her lips as she dropped the logs of wood in front of a camp that she and her father had been using as shelter through the night.
Her father emerged from the damaged yet usable cabin that was covered with thick, slimy vines that enveloped the entire structure.
He shuffled through his pockets for the lighter he had been using to make fires in this freezing place.

He finally found the lighter, clicking it round and round until it finally sparked a small flame, lighting the dead grass on fire along with the fire wood to make a small heating source for them.
They stood in front of the damaged cabin that resembled their own home back in the normal world, watching as the flame licked the chilled air with it's yellow tongue.
The air here was toxic, and using the fire was killing some of the toxins so that the air was more or less breathable.

She felt her father's arm wrap around her shoulder to help warm his daughter, feeling her shiver under his arm.
They both wore the same attire—a russian military uniform that they had to wear before they entered this dimension.

They knew exactly where they were, and they knew this was going to happen when they made the decision to walk through the gate before Joyce closed it with the double keys.

It was the only way.

"Dad..?"
Y/N muttered, shivering with her arms wrapped around her shoulders in an attempt to warm her a little more.

"Yeah..?"
Hopper answered, his eyes focused on the orange core of the fire's flame.
He knew this warmth wouldn't last long in this place, but he needed to be strong for his daughter.

"We didn't think this through."
Y/N joked, a small smirk creeped through her curled lips as she heard her dad chuckle at the fact that they really didn't think it through when they walked through the gate.

"Yeah, guess we didn't, huh?"
Hopper laughed, his smile contagious as he looked down at Y/N who was staring back at him with a weak smile, knowing that either of them hadn't smiled in a while since they entered this place.

But they survived, because they were fighters.

They survived because they had each other.

They only hoped that they wouldn't have to keep living in the same constant fear every night.
  Y/N walked into what looked like their cabin, she walked into her room to lay down in what should be her bed.
When she closed her eyes that night while Hopper was on his shift to keep watch over her, she always saw the same creature in the darkness of her shut eyes.