Introduction

Colton pov:

My name is Colton Williams Dumont. I live in a  two story log cabin along with my older brother Myles Williams Dumont, and my father Alexander Williams Dumont. My mother died giving birth to me, and my father always hated me for it. He would always put Myles first, and over time I accepted that I would never be his first priority, that he would never love me like he loves Myles. 

For that I was always jealous of Myles, while he got to have friends over I was always doing chores. When Myles did something wrong my father would talk to him but when I did something wrong he would beat me. I had no doubt in my mind that the hatred he held for me was strong. I never new my mother but I knew he loved her more than anything in the world. 

One day as I laid in my twin sized bed, dreaming about what it would be like if I still had a mother, the room got colder. I opened my eyes and was surprised that I could see my breath. I looked around the room and saw nothing out of its place. I laid back down and pulled the blanket up to my chin. 

I laid in the cold for about two minutes before the room got too hot for me to have a blanket cover me at all, I was beginning to sweat. Did I have a fever? I stumbled out of bed in darkness and opened the door. I walked downstairs into the living room and checked the thermostat. It hadn't been moved from its regular settings. 

I walked back upstairs into Myles room, he was tangled up in one blanket while another was on the floor. He was sweating profoundly, and looked to be having a nightmare as he shook his head slightly from side to side. I felt his forehead, he burned me, it was hotter than a sidewalk on a 100 degree day. 

I rushed downstairs into my fathers room, he was sweating like Myles and I but he looked calm. Something wasn't right, this isn't normal. I light tapped his shoulder "s-sir? sir, please, I think something is wrong." I said timidly. he slowly opened his eyes, and focused them on me. 

"What do you want?" he asked emotionless, looking ready to fall back asleep.

 "Sir, I-I think s-something is wrong." I said again.  

He looked at me for a few seconds and sat up "okay what is so bad that you had to wake me up?" he said annoyed.

"j-just follow me, s-see for yourself" I said retreating towards the door, looking back to see if he was following. He slowly got out of bed and slowly headed in my direction. I lead him into Myles's room and stood next to his bed. Myles looked pale, and sweaty, his breathing was uneven. 

Father noticed because his eyes opened just a little bit wider and pressed his hand on Myles forehead before quickly retreating his obviously burned hand. He looked at me wide eyed, "Colton, go downstairs and grab me a wet towel and an ice pack." he demanded me. I quickly scurried out of the room following his directions.

I ran back into the room and handed the items to him, he used the wet towel to wipe the sweat developing on his face. and put the ice pack on his forehead, trying to cool the temperature. he quietly groaned in pain. 

We were all dripping sweat, but I didn't feel sick, just really hot. "This isn't working I think he's just getting worse. Colton, grab his legs, on three we are going to pick him up and carry him to the bathroom got that?" I nodded and did as I was told. 

We carried him into the bathroom and laid him on the floor. My father turned on the faucet as cold as it could get and plugged the tub so that it could fill up. During the time the tub filled we wiped the sweat from Myles's face. I didn't understand, if it was this bad then why couldn't we just take him to the hospital? I didn't want to anger my father so I kept quiet about my thoughts. 

When the tub was filled my father commanded he to help him put Myles inside the tub. But the second he made contact with the water his eyes shot open, there was a fire in his eyes, one I've never seen before in my life. I heard him scream so loud my ears began to ring. Before the scream, the room was so quiet you could hear a pen drop. I flinched and dropped his body into the freezing water. his body almost sizzled in the water as I watched in horror.

My father held him down while I just sat there, frozen. Soon enough his body fell limp and he was asleep once again. "What w-was th-that?" I asked shaking slightly, the temperature went from burning to freezing. "W-whats g-going on?... Sir?"

My father buried his face into his hands. "He's transforming" he said simply. 'Transforming' my mind wrapped around the word, what did he mean? As I was in my thoughts I fell asleep.

I dreamed about a female, in a white sundress, with blonde hair and sharp blue eyes. In my dream she held my hand and led me to a big tree blossoming with flowers. We sat down and she began to sing to me.

'Ba-by, come and sing along,

Ba-by, come sing me a song,

Ba-by, oh I love you so,

Ba-by, don't leave me alone,

Ba-by, look just how you glow,

Ba-by, you are incredible,

Al-ways remember that I'll love you

No matter the toll.'

she has the most beautiful voice, it was soft and delicate, yet full of grace and wonder. I laid on her lap as she played with my hair, she caressed my cheek and told me she loved me before I woke up from my dream.

To Be Continued ...

Thank you all for reading more will come soon!