Ch. 78 When the pressure reaches its peak

PETE

"I'm going to talk to my father, I will never let him hurt your family."

"Will he listen to you Pete?"

"I... don't know, but I can't leave things the way that they are."

Even though I acted like a crazed man and visited Ae in the middle of the night, still his family did not say a thing, it made me feel grateful. Even though they saw Ae and I hugging, his mother had just opened the door and let us in the house. His father told me to stay the night. His brother smiled at me and his sister in-law asked me if I had eaten super or not. All of this made me feel even more guilty.

My father couldn't do anything to damage our relationship, so he directed his attention to Ae's family.

All of this is my fault, this should of never happened to Ae and his family.

"Calm down Pete. You need to breath."

Despite Ae being in trouble,he was still trying to console me, he's caressing my back. In fact, he should probably be angry at me. I want to take a deep breath to chase away all these horrible feelings and swallow my words of conviction that I want to say about my father, but this makes my breathing more difficult for me.

"Are you calm downed now?"

"No ...I can't calm down, Ae. My father really did hurt your family when I wasn't aware. He can continue doing more actions."

He spoke to him with a trembling voice. I didn't really expect my father to be this cold of a person.

I know that my father doesn't like my mother, but I didn't expect him to hurt other people just to ruin my happiness. 

"I'm going to tell this to my mother."

"You told me your mom isn't in any problem because your grandma is protecting her."

When I think I have found the solution, Ae takes away my hope. I can only press my lips together. 

That's right, the fact that my mother wasn't harassed or bothered by my father is thanks to my grandma.

If my grandma knows I'm gay, things could get out of hand. My grandma loves me very much, but she loves our family reputation just as much as my father does. My grandmother would not accept me going out with men. She'd probably use even worse methods than my father to stop me. Or perhaps... my grandma would be so surprised by the news that she would suffer from a heart attack.

I lowered my head and looked down at my hands that interlocked with each other. I want to scream out loudly, but I can't. At this point, Ae holds my hands with his giving them a squeeze

"You don't have to worry, It's not like I don't have a way out for my family."

I don't say a single word, I know how much he values his dignity, but I still ask.

"Do you want me to give your brother some money?"

Ae looks at me with disbelieve and tells me  in a fierce tone.

  "I'll never use your money!"

"But..."

"If I took your money, I would become in the kind of person that your father said. Pete, I'm not a sugar baby I don't need your money, not even a penny."

He denied it but I still try to convince him with my own reason.

"Ae, but your brother needs it. I know that the interest rates can be ridiculously high. Do you really want to see your brother in trouble..."