I'll love you forever: Okita x Reader

a/n: Okita is my baby and I hate to hurt him but, I hope that you enjoy the story!

requested by: preabevee

Key:

Italics/bold-Memories of Y/n talking and small things Okita remembered

Normal font: what's going on in that moment.

"Okita, I challenge you to a dual."

Okita couldn't breath. "Come on Okita! I know that you can do better than that!" The pain that swam around in his stomach brought him to near vomiting. He could remember them just practicing their fighting skills that morning. The smile that was planted on her lips as she swung the sword at him. She was like a wild animal. Her skill was unbeatable to other swordsman. Okita grinned and raced forward and pushed his blade forward only to have it smacked away from him. However, Okita was the only person who knew her weakness. He pressed his hand against the tree trunk and stared at his beloved wife. "No. No this can't be happening. It should have been me!" He screamed dropping to his knees.

His friends and taken the enemy out when they heard his scream echoing through the air. The minute he watched the enemy slam the sword right through her back, he had never killed someone as fast as he did. His mind going blank as his beloved wife dropped to the ground, he sword sliding away from her hand. He moved from the tree and crawled over to your body. He pulled her against his chest and sobbed loudly. He couldn't understand why she took the blow for him. He looked down at her face and whimpered out. It was like she was waiting for the moment to protect him even if it meant her death. He pressed his face close to her cheeks and sobbed loudly.

You skillfully moved the sword away from your sword and swung behind Okita. He knew what your next move was as he had seen your practice it, and jumped out of the way of your sword flying forward. You tsked as you raced forward and grabbed your sword. Sometimes your husband irked you with his skillful moves. "Come on Y/n, don't give up on me now~!" His playful voice rang out. You rolled your eyes and continued practice your demanding skills. "You know, you are starting to get really good at those moves hon." Okita said as you both sat on the dojo floor. "You really think so?" You asked him. He smiled and nodded his head leaning against your shoulder. "Yes. Yes I do." 

His heart raged in his chest as his mind begged and begged you to be alive. Coughing, you moved your blood covered hand to his cheek. He held it tightly against his cheek and choked back a sob. A smile appeared on your lips. "H..Hey Oki...Okita." You could barely even talk. Okita couldn't hold back his tears as he tried to get you to keep your eyes open. "Please, don't leave me. You can't leave me." He whimpered out as his eyes filled with tears. Her hand slipped from his and landed on the ground. Her head lulled to the side and her eyes closed slowly.

Okita felt his entire world break in front of him. He pressed her dead body against his chest and buried his face in her blood stained hair. "I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to protect you." He whispered as he laid you back on the ground and stood up. "I can promise you right now Y/n, I'll love you forever and ever." He whispered. He grabbed his and her sword and headed back to the compound. The rest of the Shinsengumi and Chizuru watched the boy leave, their heart hurting at the loss of not only a great swordsman, but the loss of a girl who became their sister.

{Three Days later}

Okita laid in bed with his body growing weaker and weaker as time passed. He felt his body spazz with the oncoming cough. Moving his hand away from his mouth, he cringed at the sight of blood staining his hand. "Damn it!" He screamed as he slammed his hand against the floor. His body jumping from the hard impact of his fist making him cry out in pain. "Damn it." his voice cracked as he covered his mouth with the back of his hand. Tears slowly dripping down his cheeks. His mind racing a million miles a second as he watched your death reply in his head.

"I just w..want you here w..with m..me. Is that so hard to ask for?" He whispered out as he raised his hand to the ceiling of the compound. His body had become so weak to the point that he could no longer walk without help. He tried sitting up only to fall against his pillows. "Y/n, I'm sorry." He whispered as he felt his body slowly shut down. Sure it has only been three day since your death, but Okita couldn't hide the fact that he had Tb (tuberculosis.) He was scared. Scared that one, he was going to leave his family who were also his best friends behind, and two, he was scared of what was to come for him now.

As he began struggling to breath, he felt a familiar pair of arms circle around his chest and pulled him against someone's chest. His eyes widened when the familiarity of the arm reach his eyes. He turned his head to meet familiar e/c hues staring down at him. "Live. Live on for me." You whispered pressing a small kiss to his forehead. Okita closed his eyes and pressed closer to you. You couldn't help the small tears that filled your eyes. You missed being with him. You really did. "Okita, please live for me." You whispered once again before disappearing for good.

Okita looked down at his hands. A renewed energy filled him and he stood up. His body no longer shook violently when he stood alone. His heart slowed to a normal pace and the Tuberculosis that filled his body with pain, somewhat, disappeared. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes. Unbeknownst to him, his right eye had changed colors. His left was his normal eye color. However, his right eye was your e/c hue. Making his way to the front of the house, Chizuru stopped him and stared at his eyes. "Okita-San, why is you right eye Y/n-Chan's eye color?" She asked.

From that day forward, Okita still had a piece of you that he could cherish till his dying breath. He still had your happiness lingering in the back of his mind and the fact that he now had your e/c hue as his right eye. He knew that you are now in a better place and that alone makes him happy. "I love you Y/n. Forever and always." He whispered as he looked up to the sky. The sun smiling down on him. The warmth bringing a smile to his face. "I love you too." Her voice echoed across the air. Okita smiled before turning and racing to his friends sides. "Let's do this." He said.

A/n: Hope you enjoyed the story! Thanks for requesting!