Simon's House

On the way to Simon's house Donavon got a phone call that confused Jakayla and Simon. On the call they overheard Donavon mention "all you have to do is keep him until things die down, please do this for me." After he got off the phone Jakayla and Simon start to question the call.

"So who was that?" Jakayla inquires

"Nobody don't worry about it"

"Dude who was it?" Simon says loudly

"It's nothing I got it and I'm good!"

"Well okay Don we're just trying to help... you sounded really fustrated."

"Yeah Jakayla's right you sounded mad and if you need something just ask bro."

"Alright thanks guys but I'm fine"

As they walk up Simon's driveway Donavon brings up the time when Simon first moved here and threw an amazing cookout. The cookout was grand, blow up water slides, water guns a pool. The food was great too, hot dogs, hamburgers and cheeseburgers, baked chicken, baby back ribs, mac n cheese, baked beans, greens and alot more sweets and treats.

When they go into Simon's house Jakayla and Donavon are shocked that the house is spotless. No dishes in the sink, carpet extremely clean, glass sparkaling. They get comfortable on the couch and Donavon decides to bring up the phone call he recieved a little earlier.

"Okay so do y'all remember the call I got?"

"Duhhhh!" Jakayla and Simon say at once

"Well it was my Aunt Veronica, Malik is with him in Florida right now. She was telling me how Malik is being very helpful around the house but she needs to know why he is here or he can't stay here any longer."

"What?" Simon exclaims

"Wait wait wait I'm confused, his mom told me he is with his dad in Texas!"

"Umm... I don't know what Malik's mom is talking about becuase he came to my house the night he ran away."

"He ran away? Donavon this isn't making any sense!" Jakayla says

"Keep going bro" Simon says curiously

"Okay, you know how he was stealing stuff and selling it to people so he could help his mom pay bills."

"Yeah I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen" Jakayla mentions

"He was just trying to help out."

They truth is Malik broke into somebody's house and stole a game station, he sold this game station to a younger boy for 400 hundred dollars. What Malik didn't know was this kid's older brother, John, is in the local gang "The Lordx". Police are onto John's gang activities, so they get a search warrent. While searching the premisses

They find the stolen game station and take the younger brother to the Juvenile Detention Center. After visiting his younger brother in Juvenile John learns Malik is the person who sold him the stolen game station.

When John finds Malik he and three other boys jump him. What John and the other person didn't know was Malik had a pocket knife. In order to get all four of these people off of him Malik just started gashing people with the knife. One of the people involved with jumping Malik ends up dying in the hospital. Now they are looking for Malik so Malik runs away from home and goes to Donavon's house and explains everything that happened and that he can't tell his mom or anybody where he is located. Donavon's Aunt Veronica said she would let him stay with her for the time being. They come clean and tell her the exact reason why he is there. Surprisingly Aunt Veronica is understanding of his tight situation and tells him he can stay for as long as he needs!