Eleven: The Drunk's Confession

The old grandfather clock in my living room strikes 6 and the chime echoes throughout the mansion; Tommy arrives shortly after.

"Arnie," he grins, as soon as I swing open the front doors. There's that promised bottle of whiskey in his hand and even a bag of ice.

I'm not much of a drinker myself, but it might help me get through this talk.

I step aside and he walks in looking around in awe. "This place looks much better."

Compared to the last time when it was crawling with drunk people and littered with garbage?

"Yeah, follow me," I answer, wanting to reach the glasses as quickly as possible and toss back their contents just as fast.

When we reach the kitchen and Tommy fills our glasses with ice and liquor to the brimming point, said talk begins.

"I'm sorry."

Hmm. "What for?" I ask.

He takes a large gulp of his drink, leaving very little left with the ice in the glass. "I'm sorry for..." He grimaces. "For being a fucking dick."

I chuckle, tilting my glass to salute that and then manage to get down a decent sized drink.

"I'm serious," Tommy continues. "I did a lot of dumb shit to you and I don't think you deserved any of it. I was a dick, man. I have no excuse for it, I just needed to apologize. I like you."

Crossing my arms, I eye him. "This wouldn't have anything to do with the gym incident right? Because I'm not sure I swing that way."

My cock won't swing any other way but Prescilla's at this point, even if I did entertain the idea. I think I could be grinded on for hours and still not get hard for another that isn't her.

Tommy laughs. "No man, but hey, that's also something I wanted to talk about."

I watch him refill his glass and knock it back in one motion as if it was nothing more than a sip. Fuck. At this rate, he's going to be passed out on the floor before he can even make it out of the damn driveway.

"You want to talk about my cock?" I joke.

"I think plenty of seniors are doing that," he says, pouring another drink and consuming it as fast. "And though I may not be opposed to enjoying all human anatomy, I actually meant that I want to talk about Pre."

My hand tightens on my glass as I raise it to my mouth. "You want to talk about Pre," I repeat, dissatisfaction clear in my tone.

Tommy looks at me nervously. "I want to be your friend, Arnie. I know you and her have something going on and that's why I want to clear the air between us."

There's a moment of silence between us and then he confesses, "We fucked once."

Despite the fact that Prescilla is mine now, hearing that still pisses me off. Not because she had a history before me, but because someone else had gotten a taste of what's mine and it was my fault for not growing a pair and pursuing her before that could happen.

I'm glaring and gripping my glass so hard I'm surprised it doesn't cave under the pressure and shatter all over the floor.

"Not saying that to get under your skin!" Tommy blurts. "I thought that might help smooth things over a little. The only reason we were ever together was when she needed a distraction. Make outs, little touches between was all that happened after."

I could hit him. Except part of his explanation alerts me more than anything. "Why did she need a distraction?" I ask.

His face scrunches in thought. "I'm not sure why. Pre isn't very open until you ask her about things point blank. I never did that because I knew it would be crossing a line between us."