Sharp Dressed Man

Start from the beginning

Taynara:" What do you say? It's simple and yet fashionable enough to go anywhere with it. I'd say you will look great in it."

Y/N:" Well, you're the one with the better fashion sense, so I trust your judgement. How long do we have to get ready?"

Taynara:" 40 minutes. Then we're gonna take the car and drive to the restaurant Mandy has texted me the location of. I still can't believe we're going to eat with all of them."

Y/N:" Neither can I. I thought we would've to work up a certain reputation before we were allowed to sit with them, but today we were proven wrong."

Taynara:" We have a reputation already. We're the power couple of NXT with you as North American champion and me soon as NXT Womens champion. Then we'll be unstoppable."

You smile and stumble over to her to give her a sweet and tender kiss. Ever since Taynara has entered your life, you have become so much nicer and more open about yourself. People have started approaching you more for talks and in interviews, you give off a cool vibe while still maintaining the eerie and twisted demeanor. Taynara has brightened so many dark days for you ever since NXT became your home and you can't thank her enough. So whenever you get the chance, you buy her a little gift to at least begin to show how much she means to you. The question of meeting your parents is still lingering in the back of your mind and you have considered asking them, but not today. Knowing the two, you can already see that they're about to eat dinner as well while talking about the day and wondering how you are. Smiling, you and Tay seperate and you being to slowly, but surely put on your clothes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several minutes later, you find yourself in front of a mirror checking your hair and face for anything that might distract you. It's easy to get a sunburn these days and you don't wanna risk looking like a tomato anytime soon. Then when you hear light footsteps, you turn and see Taynara in her dress for tonight.

Taynara:" I hope it's not too attention grabbing."

Y/N:" It's perfect, just like you. I mean look at you: the tanned skin, the blond hair and now the tight black dress. You're a diamond to me."

Taynara:" Are you sure you didn't wanna become an author? With all these words you say to praise me, you could write poetry or even novels."

Y/N:" I think I went the right way. Otherwise we wouldn't have met the way we did or at all so to say."

A giggle comes from the blond brazilian as she gets next to you and looks at the mirror as its reflecting the both of you in your outfits. It really looks like you two agreed on the color scheme tonight as you're both dressed in something dark. Then again, it's also highlighting all of your best features as you smile and kiss Tay on the forehead. You gather your phones and everything and then you make your way to the door, down with the elevator and to the parking lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The restaurant you're supposed to be at is called '4 Rivers Smokehouse' as it's a place for great BBQ. Not only that it's in Orlando like most of NXT's shows, but it also is a popular spot for people who intend to spend a normal price for their meals instead of going to a five star restaurant for overpriced meals. The mentioned BBQ style also brings you into a mindset of calmness and the song on the radio also brings your mind to Texas as ZZ Top is being played with their song 'Sharp Dressed Man', fitting nicely with tonight. Before you both get out of the car again, you check each other, nod and make yourselves ready for what's about to come. The nerves are blank right now, but you hope that changes soon while you link arms with Taynara and walk to the entrance of the restaurant where Finn is going to meet up with you. Looking at the smiling irish man, you extend your free arm towards him for a handshake. He does the same and repeats the same maneurism with Taynara before he finally leads you to the table where Braun, Roman, Mandy and Carmella are already waiting and conversing with each other until you two step into the light. The lamps in this place also are bright enough to show off enough, so when everyone lays eyes on the two of you they each have a different, positive reaction while the girls gaze all over you, the guys are more discrete in terms of Taynara because they all know how you can get when there is someone eyeing your loved one the wrong way. You all introduce each other and you and Tay thank the group of superstars for inviting you over for this evening. Then, you're brought the menu and take a good look at what's being offered. You think this will all go nicely and asure Tay of it as well since you're surrounded by people. Nobody even questions you about your injury, so you sigh in relief as you try to choose a meal.