50

"No. No fucking way." Stan was quick to try to shut down Eddie's idea, before anyone else started to agree with him. To his disappointment, Bev seemed like she might be in and Eddie refused to let it go.

"Yes. Yes fucking way. It's the best choice we've got!" Eddie snapped, already standing up and helping El to her feet.

"Eddie, you do fucking realize you are talking about the same group that kidnapped you, then all of us, threatened to kill us, tortured Richie, and had a member try to rape you?"

"Yes, Stan, I do realize that. I also realize that the Hive killed a bunch of their members when they were captured after we were saved. Trust me, they have a hatred for the Hive, and if they're given the opportunity to destroy it, they will."

Stan threw his hands into the air in annoyance. "No offense, but how are you so fucking stupid?" he snapped at Eddie, who narrowed his eyes.

"Excuse you?"

Stan started pacing the room, clearly overwhelmed by the situation. "It's our fault that the Hive found them! We were the kidnapped people that were found, meaning it's our fault the Scorpion base was taken over and it's our fault that their people are dead. We can't just waltz in and expect them to want to work with us! Knowing those fuckers, they'd try to kill us all and think we're just bait to get rid of their leader!" he yelled, running his hand through his hair over and over to try to calm his overactive nerves.

Eddie knew Stan was right, which pissed him off. He stood up, his hands balling into fists. "What's your fucking plan then, Stan? Unlike you, I can't go into the Hive and beg my dad for forgiveness because last time I fucking checked, my dad is dead!"

Stan was stunned to silence. He and Eddie had been best friends for a long time, and he hated fighting with him. Especially when he had a point. There was no better option.

"The Scorpions," El said, drawing everyone's attention to her. "They were looking for me."

"How'd you know that?" Bev asked, arms crossed over her chest.

"They save people like me."

Stan scoffed. "Impossible. They were searching for a test subject! They're probably after you so they can kill you!"

El smiled and shook her head. "No. My sister, Kali. She was saved. By them. They found out where she was and now she lives in New York, hidden from the world. They work against the Hive, because the know the Hive's origin."

"Okay, I know I said working with them is a good choice, but they're still psychopaths!" Eddie exclaimed in disbelief. He could believe that it's possible to get the Scorpions on his side, but them saving girls with abilities? Impossible.

"I can show myself to them. Then they might explain what they do and maybe they'll help you," El said, ignoring Eddie altogether.

"That's fucked," Bev said, drawing attention from the group. "I'm sorry, but there's no way Henry Bowers, the asshole who called me a slut, bullied me, and kidnapped Eddie is actually some good guy in disguise trying to help people with powers escape the Hive. Yeah, the Hive is fucked, but so are the Scorpions."

El nodded. "Yeah, they aren't normal. Kali isn't the kind of person you'd want around kids. She hunts down people who wronged her and kills them. The difference is though, she does it on her watch. It's her choice. And that's because the Scorpions freed her."

Stan glanced over at Eddie, who was completely focused on what El was saying.

"You think we should align with them?" Eddie asked after El concluded her statement.