Live the hero life

Start from the beginning

"Was that good for you as it was good for me?" Black cat jokes while stretching and watching Spider-man do his thing.

After finishing up, Spider-man confesses to her, "I have to admit, you were right. I feel much better."

Black cat wraps her arms around him from behind and softly says, "I told you baby, stick with me and you will be fine. Come see me next time you are feeling down alright, I will see you around." She walks away leaving Spider-man's heart skip a few beats. Even with the two not being an official couple, he can't deny he likes the way she makes him feel and is making him consider her advice about his regular life.

He then kneels by Shocker and randomly asks, "She's pretty amazing, don't you think shock?"

"grr, I think my career just hit a new low." Shocker answer in an annoyed tone still angry about losing to Spider-man again with this time a woman as a sidekick.

"Ah who cares what you think anyway?" Spider-man cracks a joke, before leaving the building.

*Final flashback*

After rescuing Mary Jane from some thugs and hearing her talk about Jameson's son, Spider-man meets up with Black Cat later that night.

"Hey what took you so long?" She pouts, folding her arms messing with him.

"Sorry, it seems like running late is about of my routine," Spider-man answers her in a low tone. He still had the conversation with M.J stuck on his mind.

Black cat places both hands on his shoulders, giving a quick massage. "You work too hard like ditch the mild matter routine and try to have fun. I mean, look at me, sure I can play hero when I want but if I don't feel like it then whatever."

During the conversation, she didn't realize that Spider-man head was still in the clouds sitting on the edge of the building. His current mood won't stop her from trying to cheer him up though. "Give it a try, take the load of saving the world off your shoulders."

"You don't understand. You don't know why I do this." Spider-man argues not believing she could understand why he became a hero in the first place.

To his surprise, Black Cat laughs, answering him. "Let me guess parents got kill by a mugger, abducted by aliens, sold you to the circus? Ha, it doesn't matter what the reason for you can't change the past. What's done is done, and you have to live for the present."

"Hippie." Spider-man smirks at her causing her to laugh even more.

"Alright fine, don't cheer up." She playfully pushes him.

"So this is when I suppose to assume that you got something in mind that can take my mind off my problems?" Spider-man asks hoping that she would have a plan for tonight.

"Now that you mention it... there is a little something I know about. You know that warehouse by the Westside near the convention center? Something big is going down; I will race you there." She mentions getting up to do her stretches.

"Alright, moon beam you're on!" Spider-man gets excited, preparing to race her to the crime scene. When they made it to the warehouse, they quietly see thugs with Mechs planning an attack. At this point, Spider-man usually uses the element of surprise to defeat the thug's stealth-like; unfortunately, Black Cat's carefree behavior prevent that from happening by allowing the thugs to spot them causing them to open fire. The heroes were still able to beat them, yet this didn't go well with Spider-man because by going by Black cat's plan, someone could have got hurt.

"What were you thinking, we had the drop on them?!" Spider-man demands an explanation of her actions.

She laughs at his usual get work up emotion and says in an innocent tone, "It was more fun my way."