Chapter 22

"-'I had become so blinded, so distracted. When had the time arrived? When had the realization finally announced itself? And why did the realization wound me so? When had I become such the perfect example of failure?'"

"Good job, Grace. You may now take your seat."

The girl whose seat was to the left of Tord sat down. 6th period Social Studies, the last period, was always painfully long.

Tord slumped in his seat. Jon had invited Tord over after school, and he was excited to say in the least. This class was dragging on and on and on. Does Tord really have to listen to these depressing excerpts from olden letters being read so dully?

"Tord, please stand and read your paragraph."

Tord stood up, pushing back his chair. He held the paper up to eye-level and spoke in an un-interested tone.

"My trials and attempts that I had constantly put out, that had all of my energy knitted into such things, really had no avail, did it? I feel the loss, and I know there will be a time when I accept these truths that gnaw at me day and night. I should know now what disappointment I truly am." 

"Good."  Was all the teacher said as Tord sat.

BRRRRIIINNGG!!

Tord jumped up from his seat, and violently swung his backpack over his shoulder.

He ran through the crowded halls, eventually running to the front of the school where Jon was.

"Hey! Let's get going, yeah?" Jon chirped, Tord nodding.

They both walked onto the bus to get to Jon's house.

Tom felt a wave of uncertainty wash over him. His Tomee-Senses are tingling! Someone was trying to harm Tord, weren't they?

Tom checked the time on his phone, seeing that Tord should be out of school.
He decided to text him.
"Tom: Hey, what's up?" 

"Tord: I'm going to Jon's. I'll text you later :)"

Tom starred at the text somberly.
Then he realizes something deep from inside.
He really hates Jon.

Jon and Tord sat on Jon's bed, leaning against the wall. On the opposite end there was a Nintendo Switch console. They were playing Super Smash Brothers Ultimate for a few hours.

"Hehe get oooownedd" Tord giggled, using Inkling's roller over Jon's Pikachu.

"It's offensive how good you are at this game." Jon grumbled.

"I'm glad the random roll blesses me so~" Tord sighed.

Jon set his controller down. "Do you wanna do something else? Like watch a show?"

"Sure."

Jon turned on his PS4 and went to Netflix. He chose a random show to watch.

"These characters are hilariously dumb!" Tord laughed.

"I really wish they didn't do that. . ." Jon moped.

Tord looked over to Jon with a bright smile.
"That was a smart move! Imagine what would've happened if they didn't do it!"

Jon looked back with a red lining on his cheeks. He furrowed his brows, turning serious.

"Y-You're right!! S-So imagine what would happen if I didn't do this!"

Jon gripped Tord's cheek, jerking his face forward. He landed a kiss on Tord's other (flushed) cheek.

Jon released, Tord starring in shock.

Jon's red face still looked determined. Tord glowed and began to grow nervous.

"Uh huhhh uum--"

Jon jumped at Tord, this time connecting their lips. He continued to kiss Tord, pushing Tord to be laying on the bed. Jon was now peering over him.

"Tord. . . I like you. . . ."

"Can you guys seriously look any less cringe worthy?" Tom grouched.

Edd and Matt rolled their eyes.
"Tom, you should be glad we brought you along. If we didn't have such angelic souls, you would be left in dirt."

"Woow, thanks." Tom said sarcastically.

Edd, Matt, and Tom sat in the restaurant waiting for the band to play. Matt thought it'd be a good idea to be here to get ideas for songs their band could make.

Tom sighed. He wanted to know what Tord would think, but he hasn't texted him for a few hours. What on earth could he be doing?

Tord finally gave in to Jon's persistence, copying his movement.
He grabbed onto Jon's forearms as he sat up straight, leaning on the other face of the wall.

Jon's hand trailed under Tord's shirt, smoothing over his stomach. Tord twitched.

"Mmph- No! No, no. . ." Tord pushed Jon back, startling him and himself.

Tord's expression conveyed his unease.
"I- I don't-"

Jon looked to the side with a tad of hurt.
"You don't what?" He asked sternly.

Tord felt a lump of guilt. He liked Jon. He was his first home-friend in a very long time. He just. . . He just didn't like him like that.

But. . . Would Jon leave Tord? Could he even do that? After all Eduardo and Mark. . .

Tord swallowed the lump of guilt.
"It was nothing. I just got a little nervous. . . "

Jon perked up.
"Oh, okay. You wouldn't mind then?"

Tord nodded in a coat of cold sweat.

With that, Jon caressed Tord's soft cheek. . .

"OoOh GuRl I NEeEEd yOOoOUuU~~"

"Make this stooooop" Tom groaned.

Edd winced. "Yeah, let's go. . . This band kinda sucks ngl."

Matt shrugged. "It's not like we're any better though, huh?"

"Shut up Matt." Tom said coldly.

With that, they exited the restaurant.

(I'm going to change the cover later.)