Microwave All Of The Kittens!

Start from the beginning

"Marni, you are not wearing them in public," Damon declared.

"You guys are so mean!" Marni cried. "Stefan, my bro, you'll side with me, right?"

"They're hideous," Stefan announced.

"Lies!"

Mia, deciding to do what she thought was appropriate, quickly ducked out from behind Damon and threw the horrendous gloves, landing them straight in the burning fire place.

Marni's eyes widened. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

Five minutes later.

"-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO," Marni's voice had gotten so low she could hardly recognise it as her own. She finally came to a stop, her hand stretched out to where her gloves had burnt to a cinder.

"That was impressive," Mia nodded appreciatively of Marni's protest.

"Thanks, I've been practicing," Marni replied. "You never know when you need it. You burnt my gloves! That wasn't nice!"

"I was doing you a favor," Mia insisted. Marni grumbled to herself. "We're going to be late for school."

"You're going to school?" Damon asked Marni, surprised.

"Yep. Gotta help Caroline organise the Halloween party for Friday," she announced. She looked at Mia. "Are we still going shopping today?" Mia nodded as she rifled through her bag for something. She pulled out a set of keys and Marni frowned at her. "How did you get my keys?"

"I stole them yesterday to see how long it would take you to notice," Mia shrugged. "Hey, have you seen my phone?"

Marni pulled something out of her pocket and grinned guiltily.

"Looks like great minds think alike," Marni said.

The girls exchanged items and said goodbye to the brothers before heading out.

"Try not to eat anyone!" Damon called after Marni.

She turned and glared at him. "You have such faith in me."

Damon grinned and watched her leave.

-

*Marni's POV*

-

"You did pack a blood bag, right?" Mia asked me as we drove to school.

"Of course not. Do you know how obvious it would be if I just pulled out a blood bag and started drinking it?" I snorted. She frowned at me and I continued. "I brought a thermis full of blood."

"Oh..."

"I still think those gloves would've gone with my outfit," I mused. I quickly glanced down at myself before looking back at the road. I was wearing floral printed high-waisted demin shorts over black stockings, as well as a zip up off white shirt. I had my lace up ankle boots on, and my hair was in a simple side braid.

Mia gave me a flat look and sighed, shaking her head. I was glad to see her fashion sense hadn't strayed too far into the weird zone. She dressed similar to me most times. Today she was wearing a high collared red dress with black stockings.

"Hey, are those my heels?" I asked, frowning at the black pumps on her feet.

"No," she denied immediately.

"I think they are."

"Nope, I borrowed them off... Er, Stefan!" she insisted.

"Ah, so Stefan's been stealing my high heels again," I stated suspiciously. "I knew it!"