9

Mia's face dropped. Normally, if that amount of attitude was shown towards Mia she would've thrown you away like a plastic bag, but this was different. Mia knew it was all her fault and so out of guilt she seemed too empathetic, almost as if she knew him.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm lost for words Jay."

"Yeah, you should be, I was on the way to comfort my mother, someone who needs me over a situation that's actually important, yet I stopped, and came back to you, stupidly enough."

"I will accept the insults because your mad at me, but cut me some slack, we are both going through something."

"That's the thing Mia, our situations aren't the same! I gave you advice in which you seem to want to neglect. Your situation is fixable, mine isn't!"

"My father is DEAD for god sake!"

Jasmine burst into tears, Mia tried to comfort her but she was constantly pushed away.

Mia had so much to say then but she kept to herself, she didn't want to hurt Jasmine anymore by allowing her to put two-and-two together, but there was a part of Mia that wanted to tell Jay and finally rid this burden.

Would Jasmine forgive her?

Mia went on to say, "You seem very distraught around me, I think its best if you go visit your mother."

"Even though you made the decision to come back." She mumbled under her breath.

"Yes I did, I did come back, and to be truthful, not just because of you, but so I didn't have to face the music."

"You want me to get the confidence, from god knows where, and confront my feelings with my father, when you cant even prioritise your time." Mia blurted.

"You've blurred the line between family and friends and now you don't know who to put first."

Jasmine listened.

"I---"

"I agree with you Mia, maybe I need to take a leaf out of my own book, but that doesn't mean my advice doesn't apply."

Mia thought about what Jasmine said.

"Anyways, I don't want to fight anymore Jasmine."

She said this so she wasn't tempted to tell her secret.

"I'll take your advice, but your priority is to see your mother. I will accompany you if you need moral support."

She didn't mean to say that. Mia just keeps digging herself a deeper hole, and it won't be too long before her secret is revealed by anyone but herself. She tried to keep a straight face whilst all these thoughts were racing through her mind.

"Would you mind coming with me, Mia? Although it is a difficult time, I'm sure my mother would love to meet you."

"I wouldn't mind." Her voice tone varied. She cleared her throat and continued.

"But I still have that daddy issues situation to fix though."

I do apologise for making such a smart comment, Mia." She said whilst laughing.

"Well, I don't take this as a genuine apology considering your laughing. Just because the seriousness in our situations does not match up does not give you any right laugh as if it's pathetic."

"But that's quite what it is; I won't argue over this, happily your predicament is fixable Mia, and if he can wait that long to approach you, you can wait a little longer to make this family thing work."

"That's if his intentions are pure at heart." Her seriousness dialled down.

"I could easily hurt him the same way he did, and at least get the feeling of satisfaction." Mia yearned.

"But that's not the right thing to do is it?" She moaned restlessly.

"Does it ALWAYS have to be about doing the right thing, do you not see people who stop and think about themselves instead of constantly putting other people before them? Getting yourself sorted before entering any sort of mess, is the best way to be positive-minded, especially when you're going in headfirst."

"Its a good analogy, but this is about more than one person, we are thinking about how lives could be impacted by a family of three instead of two," Jasmine explained.

"Don't forget my mother Jasmine, I don't plan on abandoning her forever you know."

"We can discuss this on the way to see my mother, that is, if you're coming?"

Mia was halfway upstairs trying to seems as excited as she possibly could, until after she was out of Jasmine's peripheral view. She was terrified, terrified she was to crack and confess when she was to lay eyes on Jasmine's mother. Many lives Mia had ruined in that split of a second when she pulled the trigger. Twice. Mia packed her bags, she knew the least she was to do was to help Jasmine at this terrible time.

The two friends set off for the King Residency.