12

Mia was very disgusted by the look Jasmine had on her face, almost as if she figured it out, so she decided to leave. As her foot passed the door an announcement was in play "Nobody is leaving,"

"Not until we find those bodies." Doors shut, windows were closed, blinds were drawn; the building was on lock down.

Obliviously, Mia approached Jasmine,

"You see what's happening?"

"Were you really about to leave?" Jasmine replied.

"Yeah, my dad told me I should go home." Mia's eye twitched as she lied.

"Since when do you call him dad, or even listen to Anthony at all?"

"I don't wanna do this right now Jasmine, I need to call my dad and then we can talk about experiment 626."

Jasmine just kissed her teeth and turned to face her mother. Mia walked over to a secluded corner and began to ring her father.

"Anthony, dad!" she corrected herself instantly.

"We have an issue, if you know what you say you know, you wouldn't be pleased to hear that the precinct has been quarantined."

"Why is that?" He said with detected sarcasm.

"Because they can't find the goddamn bodies that's why!" Mia strained trying not to draw attention to herself. Though she felt a few eyes lurk in her direction.

"The only reason why I'm getting you out of there is so we can talk about this, properly."

"To be clear if I don't get the respect and answers I deserve I am marching you right back in there, you hear?"

"You know what I don't need this, you walked out on me remember? Not the other way around."

"Wait Mia--"

It cut out. Mia thinks she's kept her little secret, but if he questions, will she accompany it with lies?

"Trying to direct me like I am someone below you, I don't owe you nothing boy." She mumbled walking back over to Jasmine.

Mia took a quick glance at her phone before saying,

"Well turns out its back to, Anthony, he got too comfortable too quick."

"Surprised you even let him get comfortable." She uttered with a rather rude look on her face.

"You got a grudge against me or something Jas? Cause we can sort it out, right now."

Jasmine stood up, her face was screwed up, even from her dark complexion you could tell she was turning red. She looked like a panda with a crop top on.

"Nah, I ain't got nothing on you." Jasmine looked her up and down fiercely.

"Good." Mia said upbeat.

Officer Horde interrupted.

"Hope I'm not interrupting."

"You didn't interrupt anything, we're done here." Jasmine chuckled to herself.

"Mia, I don't know how to tell you this but your father was in an accident and was rushed to the hospital," She paused.

"He is suffering from severe head and chest injuries."

Mia dropped her phone on the floor.

"Sorry."

She quickly picked up her phone and inspected it for scratches whilst waiting for the policewoman to continue her little monologue or move from her face.

"And your mother is on her way to pick you up? I think that's what she said."

Mia's attention was caught. Jas looked in her direction, alarmed.

"This must be a mistake, I don't want to see my father, and I definitely don't want to see my mother." Mia replied, clearly.

Her thoughts were racing until they landed on one. Taejah. The young child can't lose Anthony, Mia was deprived of him but she doesn't have to be. Right? Mia observed his attitude to his second try, and couldn't recall any of that from her childhood. Anthony was good to her, and losing him would be depressing, for either of them. She couldn't help but think that he was thrown off the road by her rudeness, and to just imagine her possible last words to him were not words of forgiveness, made her shed a tear. She wiped her eyes and was brought back to reality.

"Helloooooooooooooo, Mia?" Aurora waved her hand in front of Mia's face. She was startled but replied,

"You're still standing here? Anyways, if she comes make sure to take me to her don't mind my statement from before."

"Alright sweetheart, hold tight, your father will be okay." Officer Horde hugged her and Mia cried a little into Aurora's uniform.

The officer gave her one look of assertion and let her be.

"So you cried? For Anthony? Just when I thought you changed."

"All this attitude! You don't even wanna know why I did it?" Mia shouted.

"He has a child, just like me," She began to breakdown and everyone was watching her.

"A child like me, who may have a better life than me, if she has father in her life who cares, and you don't want me to care? Your the one who told me I shouldn't blame Taejah because she hasn't done anything wrong to me, so I'm not, and now you want to come for me? That is completely out of order."

Tristan stood next to Mia and consoled her, he took Mia back into that secluded corner to speak to her one-on-one. However Jasmine, she had an audience filled with looks of disapproval.

"Look, Jasmine is just acting out, as usual, she will be back to herself sooner or later, I think the whole father situation is just getting to her head."

Mia looked up and dragged her top across her eyes, smudging her mascara. She look down on her pink top to see a black mark.

"Supposed to be waterproof." She mumbled.

"What was that you said?"

"This is an absolute joke, I'm a joke, I shouldn't have spoken to your sister like that."

"As much as she is my sister, she needed someone to put her in her place, it just happened to be you."

"If I may, why you being so nice to me Tristan?"

"Cause, your kinda cute when you cry."

They both laughed and stayed where they were, scrolling at images and giggled like the children they are.

On The Road

Jennifer was very nervous, she had just started driving. But with the whole situation she wanted Mia to forgive her. Jenny's mind was going to collapse, she was replaying different phrases in her head to see which one sounds like she meditated on the fact that Mia left, not show that was out every night with her friends. It wasn't too long before she reached the precinct, she had to go around the back seeing as the whole station was shut down. She gave herself a quick breath check, fixed up her hair -she was acting like this was an interview!- and strolled in.