I finally turn to look at him, ashamed that I had done such a think, promising him I wouldn't do that. "I'm...so sorry..." I whisper to him, and go down to him.

"Sheik..." He mutters, and tried to move his hand, but couldn't.

As I tear up, I feel another presence, and a hand touches my shoulder. On instinct, I quickly turn and stab whoever it was that was behind me, but immediately regretted it.

The person who had touched my shoulder was none other than Sinon, with a shocked expression on her face. I quickly pull my blade out of her, and lay her on the ground. "Sinon! I'm sorry!" I say, and dig through my inventory.

"It's...okay, Sheik... I know you...didn't mean it..." Sinon says, and coughs a bit. "That's some strong poison..." She mutters.

"Where is it, where is it, where the fuck is it...?!" I mutter as I search my inventory for a heal crystal.

I finally find one, and use it immediately. I see Sinon's HP go back up to full, but she was still paralyzed. Kirito can finally move, and helps me take Sinon back to Granzam.

—————————————

As I wait in a sort of waiting room, waiting to hear if Sinon was going to be okay. The nurse said she was going to be, and I was told to see the commander. I enter his office room, and face him directly.

"So you are the infamous Player Killer I've heard so much about. We've fought together on a few boss raids, if I remember." Heathcliff says to me.

"Yes." I say simply.

"We've never had the chance to formally meet. But I'm sure you already know who I am." He says.

I nod.

"From what I've heard from Kirito, it was you who killed Kuradeel, and almost killed Sinon." He says.

I nod. "Do what you will... I'm ready to be executed." I say.

"Hahaha. You misunderstand. I didn't call you here to execute you. Far from it. I wanted to-"

"Commander." Kirito walks in, and stands between us. When he does, I step away from him, to not try anything. I know it's a safe zone, but still...

"Yes, Kirito?" He asked.

"I'd like to ask that you don't bring Sheik into this guild. He wouldn't want that." Kirito says.

"Oh? Is there a reason for this?" Heathcliff asked.

"Sheik isn't in the best state to join any guilds. Right now, he's trying to change. And change takes time." He says.

"Interesting..." Heathcliff nods as he listened to his subordinate.

"Which brings me to my next point. I want to request a temporary leap of absence to focus on helping him recover." Kirito says.

"You'd do that much for him? What if I deny this request?"

"Then I'll leave on my own. Simple as that." Kirito says, lightly threatening him.

"You do have a way with words. Very well. Take all the time you need. I do expect to see you by the next boss raid, however." He says, and allows us to leave.

As we walk out, I stay far behind Kirito. "Kirito... You don't have to do this..." I say.

"But I want to. You're a friend. I want to help you." He says as we walk.

"But you saw what I did to Sinon... I almost..."

"That wasn't on purpose. You were only trying to protect me. And you were moving on adrenaline." He says in my defense.

I continue trying to protest, but he wasn't having any of it. He was stubborn like that. We arrive at my house, and I just remembered that I didn't have the food I was shopping for. So no rabbit tonight.

I finished the cooking, and placed all the food on the table. "Sheik. If you sold this house, how much col would you make?" Kirito asked me.

"If I sold the house? Well...maybe a hundred thousand col?" I say.

"Then let's sell it." He says.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Well, this is a house for one. I can't help you if I have to leave every night. And the atmosphere here isn't really friendly. I was thinking of taking you down to...Floor 22. It's nice and sunny there." He says.

"Floor 22? Do you mean...you want to live with me?" I ask.

"Well...yes. If you're okay with that." He says.

I feel my heart race. I didn't know what to say, so I just nod.

"Really? Great. How about we start tomorrow. I have a house in mind." He says, and eats another bite of my food.

"Okay. Sounds good." I nod, and also finish eating. I don't know why...but I feel my lips curling into a small smile.

From there, we went to sleep in my bed, together. Don't get your hopes up. There was no spice. No baseball. There's no tea, sis. Just laying in bed, asleep.