Annoying (2)

"Guys look." John drags me to his table of friends as I smile softly at them. They all looked amused at John and his excitement to show me off even though we just met today.

"Dude she's not a pet." A guy rolls his eyes at him smiling widely at me. He had his hair swept back and a round cute face but from where I was standing there was nothing chubby about his body. "I'm Micheal."

"I'm Zarah." I say waving at everybody and sitting down as John pulls the chair out for me.

"We are all the rejects. I'm Taylor." A girl smirks at me. She had a gothic vide going on with her jet black hair and black smoky eyes and black lipstick. I honestly wish I had the confidence to wear make up like that.

"Cool. I've been a reject all my life then." I tell her as she laughs.

"What are you even doing with John? Did he force you here?"

"Yes and no. I asked him where the cafe was and he dragged me to the table." I explain as she glares at John.

"You have got to start leaving peoples kids alone." She scowls him as he pouts.

"I didn't want her to get lunch and not think she couldn't sit here." He explains.

"These two could go on for days." A girl says rolling her eyes at them. Now I understood why they said this was the table of rejects. " I'm Amy, by the way."

They were all so different but they were all friends. They all hung out even though they were different in Society's eyes.

"How long have all of you been friends?" I ask as Micheal shrugs.

"Middle school. Yeah we have friends outside of our group, but every Friday night we hang out." He explains smiling. "Yeah it sounds lame but we have kept up the tradition for years."

"And we don't plan on stopping." Amy exclaims smiling. "So where did you come from?"

"I moved from Idaho to the sunny side of Florida." I tell them as they laugh.

"Is that a little accent? It's sooo cute." Taylor interjects smiling at me.

"Yeah, I guess." I laugh as I feel a blush rising. I've only been in this school for less than a couple hours and I like it here, not better than my old home and school but this is kind of an upgrade. "I have a question, do you think tryouts for cheerleading is still going on?"

"Today is the last day, but I doubt Shelby will let you audition." Amy says. "It's a three day audition so if you aren't there to learn the steps you won't make the third day."

"I'll be fine. Where could I find her?" I ask standing as they all look at me in disbelief."

"It's your funeral cowgirl, but they are over there." Micheal points to a table which is obviously reserved for the cool kids and I spot Daniel in the mix. Well isn't today my day.

"Thanks." I say putting my bag in the chair smiling at them. "Be right back."

I strut my way to the table as I see that some people were staring at me as if I was crazy. "Hello, I was wondering which one of you are Shelby?"

"That's me, what do you want?" She sneers but I don't let her nasty attitude affect me as I continue to smile in her face.

"Well I know today is the last day of try out but I wanted to try out show me the moves once and that's all I need." I tell her as she laughs.

"Sweetie, are you mental." She sits up from her leaning position on one of the guys. "I had to perfect the moves in the tryout for the whole summer and you think you can get it in one day?"

"Well as you said you took all summer, you gave everyone else three days and I'm asking for a couple hours." I tell her shrugging as I could see she's getting irritated by me.

"Fine. Here's the link." She started writing a link on a piece of paper then hands it to me smiling. "If you can perfect these moves you will get a guaranteed spot on the squad.

"Thanks sugar." I wave walking away sighing. I think I walked into the lions den and didn't even realize it.

"Wow, there wasn't even yelling." Amy laughs as I roll my eyes at her.

"She sent me the link of the dance so I guess I need to start practicing." I say typing the link in to my phone and finding a video of Shelby herself doing the moves.

"Yeah it's hard. Are you sure you want to do this? I'm on the squad and it's not easy." Amy tells me as I smile at her concerned face.

"If I back down every-time there's an obstacle I wouldn't be myself."

-

So come to find out this school has a dance studio and Amy and I decided that we would do the dance together. She said she was having trouble on some parts even though she is already on the team and I figured if us both work together it would be perfect.

"Okay watch the video and watch me" I tell her as she plays the video and I attempt to mimic and remember the moves. I see Amy jaw drop and I am hopping it a good thing.

"How? Show meee." She whines making me laugh.

"We have two hours, it'll be cake."