He took out the paint brushes, wrapped in bits of plastic wrap to keep them wet and easy to clean.

When he was finished getting all the paint out, he put the brushes on a paper towel off to the side and then crouched down to put his jam jar in the cupboard. It clinked slightly against the other four that were in there and made a hollow knocking noise as it bounced against a bottle of soap.

Tony dried off his hands and grabbed his oxygen tank that he could feel was beginning to stop working.

Getting into his room, the first thing he did was set the oxygen tank to refill. Then he grabbed a pullover sweater and sweatpants, changing quickly so he could hook up the oxygen concentrator and flop down onto his bed.

Isabella popped in only seconds later with her laptop in her hands. She sat at Tony's desk as he sat up.

"So?"

"So I asked Jacob what his friends meant about 'the Cullens don't come here' and I got a whole lotta weird." Isabella started.

"Weird can be good." Tony shrugged, leaning back into his pillows.

Isabella sent him a pointed look.

"Weird isn't good?" He corrected.

"He said his tribe are descendants of wolves." The brunette woman said, turning to type on their laptop.

"Like- real wolves?"

"Yes."

"Like, actual real wolves." Tony checked.

"Yes." Bella sighed, nodding.

"Pardon my French: but what the fuck." Anthony whispered, looking down at his bedsheets.

"I know."

"But- wha- hold up, that doesn't tell us what's up with the Cullens." Tony pointed out.

Bella grabbed a light blue sticky note from Anthony's desk and a pencil.

"No, it doesn't." She agreed, scribbling down something in the small piece of paper. "But this might." She held it up to reveal to him, an address.

Thunder & Whale bookstore in Port Angeles.

"Great, road trip."

WHEN MONDAY KNOCKED ON THEIR DOOR, Anthony and Bella were trying to make plans for when they could go to Port Angeles. They were too tired from their trip to the beach to drive out on Sunday, so that didn't happen.

Anthony couldn't deny he'd been feeling a bit weird about everything. Almost like nervous butterflies that you just couldn't shake, he felt a weight on his chest like there was something lurking just beyond the corner. Something bad.

Normally he'd write it off as his cancer, but he had grown familiar with the constant dull ache in his chest that his condition provided. This was different, he could tell.

Either way, it was Monday, and the Swan siblings had to go to school.

What really poured down the rain on his day was the lack of. For the first time since they moved to Forks, the sun was out and there was not a cloud in the sky.