Chapter Nineteen: The Stray

Start from the beginning

Ruby: It's still kinda weird to see you like this.

Weiss: Quiet, you!

Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby pinched her nose during to the stench as she commented.

Ruby: Ugh, they smell like fish!

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom.

Ryoma: Is that really why we came here?

Weiss: Yes.

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Ryoma: Oh.

Weiss: You can't prove that!

Ryoma: I mean... it makes sense, but-.

Weiss: See? Even he's on bla-.

Ryoma: It's a bit creepy to do so, wouldn't you think?

Weiss: ...

Ryoma: ....Miss Schnee?

Ruby: Woah!

Everyone else: ?

Turning their heads to the right, the group took notice of a vandalized dust shop only a block away from where they stood. The city's police force and detectives scattered across the site, marked off by yellow tape. Approaching the site as a group, Ruby was the first to comment.

Ruby: What happened here?

Ryoma: Vandalism?

Detective: Robbery...

Ryoma: Huh?

Beside them, two detectives of massively different heights discussed the crime scene out loud, without any care for anyone eavesdropping on them.

Large Detective: Second one to be hit this week. This place is turning into a goddamn jungle.

Ryoma: Second one to be robbed? Is this the work of the fellow I met a few months back?

Short Detective: They left all the money, again. The hell is this shit about? Who robs a store and doesn't take the money?

Large Detective: More importantly, who needs that much dust?

Short Detective: An army?

Large Detective: You thinking the White Fang may have something to do with it?

Short Detective: I'm thinking we ain't getting paid enough for this ridiculous shit.

Ryoma: Swearing like sailors, those two are...

Weiss: Hmph! The White Fang... what an awful bunch of degenerates.

Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided Faunus.

Weiss: Misguided? They want to wipe Humanity off the face of the planet!

Blake: So then they're very misguided. Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a Dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale.

Ryoma: Perhaps as some sort of bomb?

Catching the looks of everyone in the group, the Tenno theorized.

Ryoma: Dust is rather volatile. Certain elements could make for an devastating explosive.