Eddie leaned his head back on Richie's shoulder, tears pooled in his eyes. He was aware that the whole group was staring at him, waiting for him to respond and tell them what was going on.

"Sharon Debrough helped us escape," Eddie said in a voice barely above a whisper. "In doing so, she gave us passports and supplies to be on the run. The thing is, she made it to be for the Hive members and El. Not the Hawkins group."

"That's good though, isn't it? I mean, we want El to be safe and to escape them, but we don't want to leave our lives behind," Max said, clearly confused.

Mike Wheeler and Richie shared an uncomfortable look. They knew what Eddie was getting at.

"Maybe you want to stay, but it's a risk. The Hive will find out who's been working with us. They will come after you and torture you and kill you. They won't go easy on you guys just because you were accomplices who didn't understand the situation," Stan said, venom in his voice.

"So we're all screwed?" Lucas asked.

"We can help you know where to run, but we need to escape as well. Out of the country is the safest option, but by the time you all can get passports, they'll have caught up. I'm sorry," Eddie said quietly.

Richie stood up, making Eddie fall off of his lap. "Wait, you're leaving them behind?! Eddie, that's my fucking brother! I can't let the Hive hurt him!" he yelled, horror in his face.

"We don't have a choice. The Hawkins people have time, we don't! They know who we are and they will kill us! They know we betrayed them to help El!" Eddie shouted, trying to get Richie to see his side.

"We don't know that!" Richie snapped back.

Everyone else stood silently as the two boys yelled at each other, trying to convince the other to take their side. The Hive teenagers knew that it had to do with fear. Richie wouldn't leave his brother behind, but Eddie knew he'd die if he stayed.

"What do you mean we don't know?! They killed my fucking dad, Richie! What makes you think they'll forgive you and let you go?!" Eddie screamed, full on crying.

Richie stood in silence, realization hitting him. The Hive had killed a superior, and that superior happened to be Eddie's dad.

"Eds-" Richie started, only to be cut off again.

"I can't lose you, too!" Eddie yelled, shoving Richie roughly before hugging him tightly and sobbing into his chest.

At that point, Bill had put the pieces together that Frank and his mother had helped Eddie and Stan escape, leaving a pain of fear in his gut.

"S-Stan?" he whispered as Eddie cried into Richie's chest.

"What?" Stan asked, even though his gazed stayed on Richie and Eddie.

"M-my mom is d-dead, isn't sh-she?" Bill asked, his voice breaking.

Stan pulled Bill to his chest, hugging him so tightly he was gasping for breath and Stan had to let go.

"I'm so sorry. She told us that your father and mine had been planning this for years. She and Frank and Leroy had tried to protect us. She sent your brother to Leroy's family in France and sent Eddie and I to get you out," Stan said quietly into Bill's ear, who started crying as well.

The Hawkins group didn't seem to know how to react. No one said anything, but the others slowly moved to either Eddie or Bill and joined in on a group hug. They may not of all known each other, but they were in a world where there wasn't much trust going around. The smallest bit of comfort meant something.

After an hour of sitting in the room, the only noise being sobs from Eddie and Bill, and soon the other teenagers who had known Frank and Sharon, Richie pulled away and gazed deeply into Eddie's eyes.

"I love you," he whispered, kissing Eddie's forehead.

Eddie whimpered, knowing there was more to Richie's confession. "But what?" he asked, looking up at Richie, who had the saddest expression on his face.

"But I can't leave Mike behind. He's my family Eds, and I can't just leave if he's in danger. They need someone to help them hide."

"You don't understand," Eddie cried out, a sob ripping from his throat. "They'll find you. You'll die, and I need you. Please, please come with me."

"I can't," Richie whispered, his own tears falling as he tried to swipe them away. "Stay. You don't have to go. We can hide."

"No. We can't. Richie, I grew up there. They won't rest until they have El, and even then they'll want to kill us for betrayal."

"Then I'm sorry. I'm not leaving."

Eddie knew Richie's statement was serious. He wasn't going to be swayed. It pissed him off, as he collapsed to the floor and sobbed, no one comforting or holding him.

It broke Richie's heart too, seeing the person he loved the most in the world sob on the floor. The same person who saved him and made him a member, not knowing the same group now wanted them all dead.

Stan knew Richie wasn't going to be swayed, so he walked up to him, placing his hand on his shoulder. "You're not coming?"

"How can I?"

Stan sighed and hugged Richie. For a while, they had gotten along like siblings. Now that was being stripped away. "I'm sorry. I hope the best for you," He turned to the rest of the group, looking at his friends and El. "We need to get going."

With that, Stan tugged Eddie up from the ground and Richie watched as another sob ripped from his throat when Stan delivered the final decision. He looked back at Richie one last time before he was being ushered from the room, followed by the ex-Hive teenagers and El, who hadn't said goodbye to anyone.

It was the worst of goodbyes, and if everyone was quiet enough, they could have sworn they heard Eddie and Richie's hearts shatter.