Speaking of, the girl herself is currently just standing and watching. I can practically hear her rolling her eyes at the situation; this often happens between me and Billy. I show up at her house, taunt him because I know he won't do anything, and then push him until the edge, which is when he backs off. I know how badly he wants to hurt me. Which is partially why I am glad he banned me from the pool, because if I run into him in a private place, I have no doubt he won't hesitate to make my ass pay for six months of insulting him.

"Why don't you take your shitfaced, scrawny little ass and get out of my way?" He growls, and I roll my eyes.

"Please." I scoff, still grinning, "If I wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart."

He stares at me for a long time, then puts me down roughly and bumps my shoulder as he walks over to his car, most likely on his way to his lifeguard shift.

"Same time tomorrow, Billiam?" I call out at him and he ignores me, getting into his vehicle and pulling out faster than I wish his father had.

Max pats me on the shoulder, walking into her house behind me as she sighs.

"Could you not refrain yourself from insulting my brother every time you see him?" She asks as I kick off my shoes at her entrance and close the door behind me. "One day he's gonna be in a really bad mood and you're gonna get dropped."

I scoff, "you say that every time. Besides, when is your brother not in a bad mood?"

She shrugs, "good point."

This is our routine every time she gives me skating lessons. We head home for lunch and then find something to do. Unless of course it's during school, in which case the lesson would be after school and then we'd do homework and eat dinner.

This is why I'm so familiar with Max's house and family; I've eaten meals with them as a whole, and sometimes I just turn up at their house randomly. I know that Max's mom likes me, and because of all my references to sports and being on the basketball team, I know I'm also on Mr Hargrove's good side.

"Oh!" A woman with a shock of red hair and bright green eyes turns the corner from the kitchen and sees us. Her surprise turns into happiness when she sees me. What can I say? I do that to people. "Liz! What brings you here?"

"Hi Mrs Hargrove." I throw her a cheery wave, "Wow, you look great in green. Is that a new skirt?"

She chuckles and nods, beaming down at me as I follow Max into the kitchen. The Hargrove house is definitely one of the nicest out of the party, with Mr Hargrove being an accountant or something like that and Susan working part time at some place at the mall.

I sit down at the counter and tap the surface lightly.

"What's the menu today, Maxine?"

"You know," she opens the fridge, "you calling me that is almost worse than you calling my brother 'Billiam'. And that's not even his full name."

"Yeah, but it does the job of annoying him pretty well." I yawn, "but then again, what doesn't?"

She smirks, and Mrs Hargrove walks in, kissing Max on the head and smiling.

"I'll make you two sandwiches." She takes out a cutting board, "why don't you guys go up to Max's room and I'll call you when they're ready."

We agree and thank her, walking up to the medium sized bedroom and flopping down on the mattress. I close my eyes and turn onto my stomach, glancing at Max.

"So how's Lucas?"

"An idiot."

"So nothing's changed?"